PDA

View Full Version : Now i'm hooked

ted1
04-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Went out sat/sun to a pond I discovered while working and decided that I would catch my first intentional bass. Ended up with a sunburn and a smile. Caught my first bass, my first fish on topwater, most fish in a day, and most fish in my float tube (More than 1) Started with intermediate line w/a wolly bugger. Caught a few, but not much. Swithed to floating w/a black bugger, caught a bunch, lost a few. Swithed to a hopper, caught a whole bunch. Went out the next day, caught even more, anything that I could throw, saw a few hitting the surface in the same spot, 5 casts, 5 fish, minute and a half. No time to spin the fish counter. Now I just need a 3 wt because all fish were 8" or less (The bad news). Hopefully bigger fish to come.

erhetta
04-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Awesome report. Reminds me of my firsts a few years ago.

I am in Carmichael, so feel free to PM me if you ever want some company on the water :)

Scott V
04-23-2009, 04:08 PM
You gotta love those kind of days. And yes a 3 weight will make it even more fun, I love my 3 weight for ponds. But I have had a few fish that scared me on my 3 weight, I hate to fight them long.

Hairstacker
04-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Ted - great report! Sounds like you had a blast, good for you. Can't wait until we hear about some big ol' bass that toilet flushes one of your flies. :D

Scott -- That's funny about the 3 wt. . . . I used to fish the Delta with a strong 5 wt. until several years ago when a few fish scared me into a 7 wt. . . . have been fishing a 7wt. there ever since. :lol:

Mrs.Finsallaround
04-24-2009, 08:46 AM
LMB was the first top-water fish I ever caught, and I was hooked immediately.... 8)

I can't wait to get down to the delta to try out the new LMB rod hubby bought me at the Kiene's expo.... :unibrow: Ended up with the 8 wt. Redington Predator.... :D

It'll be a couple more weeks before we make it down there, though... :cool: Fish are safe for now.... :wink: LMAO :lol: