PDA

View Full Version : A/R report

Charlie Gonzales
04-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Fished the American on friday, shooting for a double header and came very close. Floated from rossmoore to howe and boated three steelies up to 23" and had about a 12 pound stripe at the boat but it just wouldnt committ, it kept slashing at the airhead and biting its tail but just wouldnt inhale, but still very exciting. Not a lot of stripes in the river but they are showing. Soon it will be shooting for the trifecta... steelies, stripes and shad!

Tracy Chimenti
04-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey Charlie, I was in bed this AM listening to Bob Simms, who said the American has been up quite a bit. I figured you or someone equally as nuts about the A would be out there giving em heck.

I have tomorrow off, so I will be on the Lower Feather, also higher now, (At dark) for some topwater and to excercise that new I-line I picked up recently. I tied some big streamers to throw on the LC13 as well. Ben... he's set up with a Lil' Cleo, Zoom Fluke, and a rainbow trout rip-bait, and of course the one that hurts your toe if you drop it on your foot-- a 1/2-oz. Perk Minnow that the schoolies just can't get enough of.

I'll report back!

Tracy Chimenti

Mrs.Finsallaround
04-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Paul and I hit the A after the expo on Saturday for a couple hours.... Not much activity, but I managed to find a shaker...

Can't wait to schedule that trip with you Charlie!

Tracy Chimenti
04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
We launched at Verona at 0600 and were throwing plugs by 0630. Dose anyone know why the water is a stale brown? Whenever I fish the feather in this muck, I do poorly, so you can imagine how we did that day-- ZIPPO. It's not grayish 'clearing" color, but instead looks like something that came out of a ditch. Kinda grungy. Just to test the bases out the whole way, we threw Rat-L-Traps for one solid hour and that will always yield at least a few fish, but nothing. never picked up the fly rod. There was a guide boat with 5-rods and they ahd come probably from Boyd's or Star and caught two. Another boat with multiple anglers had zip and one guy in a pram managed a 12'er on a swimbait and I watched him catch several bank runner smallmouths on plastics. That's my awesome report.