PDA

View Full Version : Study on LMB from Blanton's BB

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-17-2009, 09:49 AM
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090414153532.htm

Hairstacker
04-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Very interesting research results. I have never fished over beds and would be willing to give up all bass fishing during the spawning season.

Mrs.Finsallaround
04-17-2009, 01:39 PM
WOW... I'd never thought of it that way. Good thing not all fish spawn at the same time during the year.... lots of variety out there.

Ed Wahl
04-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Interesting study.

The first part, the catch rates of the HV and LV fish shows, just like humans, some bass are more stupid than others, and the stupidity trait is passed down.

The second part is a bit more troubling. Common sense should have told the angling world the same thing, but now it's official. Take the protecting male off the nest and the babies are toast.

I used to fish a private pond outside of Lincoln that had a "no Bass fishing" rule all the way through the spawning period. And it was vigorously enforced by the owners.

It had big bass too.

I'd like to see a spawning sanctuary or closure in Rancho Seco. Those poor bass get pounded to death during the spawn.(right now).

Ed

David Lee
04-17-2009, 07:54 PM
S#!t ....... All I have to do is show-up and LOOK at a pond and the Bass get smarter !!!!

David