PDA

View Full Version : Orvis Helios 9ft 8Wt

smartina
04-13-2009, 10:40 PM
I have an Orvis Helios 9ft 8Wt tip flex rod in great condition for sale with original rod sock and tube . Only used for last winter Steelhead season. No scratches, dings, or any other damage. The only sign of use is minimal wear to the cork. Questions or pics let me know. Rod retails for $775. Will pay for shipping if necessary. Amazing rod only reason I want to get rid of it is because I now have a spey rod.

Asking $575 but will consider other offers

SM

smartina
04-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Nobody wants this rod? It is a great rod. I am curious about what price people would be willing to buy it for...anyone...

Sean

acwebb
11-24-2009, 07:16 PM
would you consider a partial trade for a Scott 8' 4wt? You can email me
webba495@gmail.com

pvsprme
11-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Smartina, I wouldn't jump in here normally, but you asked. I think a reasonable used price would be 50-60% of new. In example, I picked up a used, never fished Loomis GLX high line speed Streamdance in a 6 weight for $325, delivered. That's 50% of new retail. I wouldn't have gone much over that, given the plethora of quality used equipment out there for sale. One factor that influenced my purchase was the Loomis warranty that follows the rod. Does your Helios have a blank warranty card? If not, you can understand one's reticence to pay premium price for a rod w/o a warranty.

Hairstacker
11-25-2009, 02:12 PM
I think pvsprme has it about right.

jrib
12-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Is this rod still available?

jrib
12-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Well is it????????????

Fats
12-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Smartina, I wouldn't jump in here normally, but you asked. I think a reasonable used price would be 50-60% of new. In example, I picked up a used, never fished Loomis GLX high line speed Streamdance in a 6 weight for $325, delivered. That's 50% of new retail. I wouldn't have gone much over that, given the plethora of quality used equipment out there for sale. One factor that influenced my purchase was the Loomis warranty that follows the rod. Does your Helios have a blank warranty card? If not, you can understand one's reticence to pay premium price for a rod w/o a warranty.

FWIW... I've never had any issues with Orvis honoring the warranty on a rod. They stand behind their products to the point of being silly.

Dan Harrison
01-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Warrenty card not needed with orvis. The rod itself is under warrenty doesn't matter if it changes hands.