PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake 4/8-4/12

Darrin.Deel
04-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Hit the road to pyramid on tuesday night, got to pelican a about 10 and set up camp. The first 3 days of fishing was kinda lousy. About 6 fish all day if you worked very hard. The last day was different....

Stripping produces hotter fish, but midging brought the big fish.

Tired of being at pelican point and the fishing not being hot, we headed down to warrior on the last day right before we left and pounded them. All on midges under indicators. 8 of us went in the same group and over 100 fish were probably landed in the 4 days. My girlfriends dad got 3 fish over 8 pounds in 3 casts on the last day. Okay fishing overall and a Great trip, even if I did slam my rod in the door and cracked a wheel on the way home in oroville at midnight.

Pics posted soon

If you are heading over and need info on flies, PM me.

SHigSpeed
04-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Wow, awesome report! Too bad you had to take the slow with the slammin'. I'm dying to get out there this year. Hope to soon!

Thanks for sharing,

_SHig

jayclarkflyfishing
04-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Nice job Darrin.Warrior has been fishing a little better than most beaches lately.This has been an overall slow year so far but the fishing is slowly improving.While not many "number days" yet this year there have been an unbelievable amount of BIG fish landed.No need for a pm,so why not share what flies worked for you.

See you on the water!

Jay