PDA

View Full Version : Rattlers....

Darian
04-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Hey guys,.... Check out this video:

http://bassfan.com/tv_play.asp?id=119

Not sure I like the harassment, tho. I was kinda rootin' for the snake.... :lol:

Ed Wahl
04-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Pretty amazing just how bouyant snakes are.

Pretty sad how some people still see snakes as something to kill and brag about.

Ed

Phil Synhorst
04-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Too bad that big boy wasn't able to make a real attempt at getting in the boat. Those wing nuts would have been in the water.:nod:

Darrin.Deel
04-12-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't see why you would whack it in the head with your rod instead of just motoring off.

Ed Wahl
04-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Phil, remind me next time I see you to tell you about Mark B's watersnake prank with a bass fisherman in Texas. It's classic Bunter.

Ed

paulegan81
04-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Have you ever been chased by a snake in your boat???
They can swim faster than your trolling motor can go.........
my 80# will go about 3.75 Mph..
Just ask David Lee...... about the time we were on the west side of Mildred Isl.
I didn't really see that they harmed it..... much....

David Lee
04-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Have you ever been chased by a snake in your boat ........Just ask David Lee about the time we were on the west side of Mildred Isl.

That lil' sucker was speedy . I'm glad you didn't offer him a ride , Paul .

The redneck's kid had the right idea - leave the Snake alone and get the hell away from it . Too bad dad didn't REALLY try to 'cut-off the rattle' - what a dumbass !!!!!!!!

David - big fan of some critters from a distance .

Tony P
04-12-2009, 09:30 PM
I had one a Don Pedro try to get in my boat once that came up from behind us while fishing an island. It must have been heading from the main shore line to the island but we were closer & it was ready to take a break. Not fun!

Tony P

charles
04-14-2009, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=Ed Wahl;59551]Pretty amazing just how bouyant snakes are.

Hey Ed if you think that is amazing check out this video of a flying snake in S. America.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwDAsJCB2Pg

FWI: saw a dead rattlesnake at sailor bar this morning. BE CAREFUL!
Charles

Randy B
04-15-2009, 04:13 AM
I wouldn't want to be in a float tube and have that thing swim up from behind!

David Lee
04-15-2009, 08:21 AM
I wouldn't want to be in a float tube and have that thing swim up from behind!

Ditto .

David

Tony P
04-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Ditto .

David

Not only would you need new underwear but new waders to boot.

Tony P

David Lee
04-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Not only would you need new underwear but new waders to boot.

Tony P

You have NO IDEA ......... !!!!!!!!!!

Tell ya what - a smart fella would bet I could out-swim one of those critters ......

David , living in TERROR

WT
04-15-2009, 05:26 PM
And people wonder why other's get bit... makes you wonder a bit... was Darwin correct?

dux20
04-15-2009, 08:01 PM
That was an example of how we grow them down here in Texas. Those guys were on Falcon Lake in south Texas near the Mexican border. They were lucky that SOB was in some cool water...if it would have been warm...it probably would have struck from that coiled position.

I hunt on a lease near that area and to date the biggest rattler that we have found was closed to 7' long and had a ridiculous girth...it looked like it had just swallowed an anaconda.

Hairstacker
04-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Falcon? I fished there once. I spent most of my time up the road at Lake Casa Blanca when I lived in Laredo. I spent a fair amount of time roaming that countryside and not once was I lucky enough to run into a rattler. Ran into scorpions, tarantulas, horned lizards, tortoises, all manner of other kinds of snakes, but never a rattler. Disappointing, actually.