PDA

View Full Version : New Abel Graphic

Hairstacker
04-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Hey Ed, they came out with an Abel to go along with your pram (aka The Black Pearl). :D

http://www.danblanton.com/viewmessage.php?id=120232

David Lee
04-10-2009, 08:25 AM
On an unrelated note ......

I think Abel makes a great reel . My single issue (other than the high , but acceptable price) is the finish - for that kind of $$$$ ..... I would like to see a TRUE , type 3 anodized finish . I have a brace of TFO Hayden reels (NS-1 , and #2) and their anodized finish is unbelievable . You can take a sharp Drywall screw and rub the reel frame - NO SCRATCHES !

That kind of finish on an Abel ?? I'd buy one .

David

P.S. - Skull and crossbones ?? What's next ? Betty Boop for the girls ???

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Waterworks uses that higher level of anodizing too.

The problem is that they can't get all those pretty colors with that higher/tougher level.

Hairstacker
04-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Those Abels sure are gorgeous, no doubt. I think that "Brook Trout" finish is particularly cute on a smaller reel. A shame they don't have one in a "Largemouth Bass" finish. :lol: Probably a reflection of the fact an Abel would be overkill for bass about 10 times over.

Speaking of finishes, I've been curious what Teton uses for anodizing on their reels. I dropped my Tioga once from chest level :shock: in a paved parking lot and couldn't find a mark afterwards. With that full-caged design, that Tioga sure is a sturdy reel. :cool:

Darian
04-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Every fly fishing Raiders fan will buy one.... :D Has Al Davis struck again :?: :p

David Lee
04-10-2009, 11:00 AM
The problem is that they can't get all those pretty colors with that higher/tougher level.

Hi Bill !!

Vanity over function - my favorite ....... NOT !!!

To each , their own .......

Mike -

Teton claims to be true type 3 . All mine are scratched up like mad , so I doubt this to be 100% true .

David

David Lee
04-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Carl -

It's remarkable how subjective taste is !

I think some of the Abel fish graphics look nice , but I wouldn't want to use one . Kind of strange to have a print on a reel ......

Nothin' wrong with it , just not my speed .

D. -