PDA

View Full Version : April Fool....

Darian
04-08-2009, 09:23 PM
In keeping with the spirit of an earlier thread, I was wondering if anyone has noticed the cover of the latest Salmon/Trout/Steelheader magazine. It shows a guy holding a very large Steelhead taken from the Los Angeles River. In the concrete section of downtown L.A.... :-s

Unbelievable photo editing. The guy in the photo is dressed in typical northwest clothing. Would've been more realistic in shorts, sandals. Took some creative thought, tho.... :D :D :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-09-2009, 09:07 AM
I'll have to look at that cover.....wild.

STEELIES/26c3
04-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Not a joke~

It's the real deal.

Hopefully, for the fisheries sake... most readers will not believe it either...

M

Darian
04-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Steelies,.... Gimme a break.... :-| Since they've been seen, I'm sure that they exist in Malibu Creek and maybe even some of the creeks further south.... But the L.A. River.... :-s Even in the center of the concrete channel, there's almost no flow above tidewater and that's filled with car bodies, shopping carts and every kind of human detritus/polluted run-off you could imagine. During the rainy season (one week :lol: ), down there, the river runs high enough to reach far up the sides of the concrete walls.... :eek:

I'll tell you what, if you can refer me to some kind of information (not anecdotal) that confirms what you think is correct, I'll accept it. 8-) Until then, I'm not buying that migratory Steelhead of any size exist in the L.A. River. In the portion of the river that rises above L.A., Trout may've been stocked as put & take fish but doubtful they would migrate thru all of that crap. :confused:

mr. 3 wt.
04-09-2009, 10:34 AM
The cover is actually in wisconsin. The LA River hoax is on page 26. They did go into depth in this article and is quite entertaining. I would imagine most steelheaders knew it was a hoax from the title.

Also, the fish on the cover is a brown trout.