PDA

View Full Version : If you're trout fishing in the Jackson, CA, area

Charlie S
04-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Recommendation: http://www.villabuscaglia.net/ The Villa Buscaglia has a great menu. The first night I had the Osso Buco di Maile…this was served on a bed of creamy cheese polenta and was one of the best dishes I have had in quite some time. We went back the next night and also had a great time with a completely different entree, also super. If you are fishing in the area of Jackson you should definitely give this place a try. Call for reservations the day before if you can…it isn’t large and it is extremely popular. Ps: The fried ravioli were also very tasty.

As an extra on Saturday and Sunday the Willow Creek Winery is pouring in the tasting room in the basement of the villa……..a great experience. It is a wonderful stop if you can make it. The owners, Dave and Susan Purse are making some excellent red wines….so good I had to buy two cases of a variety of all different wines they had, plus a 5 litre keg that Dave filled with his special Port. I’ll let you experience the rest on your own if you are lucky enough to go there.

Charlie S
01-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Scratch this one folks...evidently they moved and the place is now so small you have to have reservations way in advance...also heard the food was not as good as before.