PDA

View Full Version : L. Yuba info

Dagee
04-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know if the Yuba is expected to blowout from the rain by Wed? If anyone gets a look at the River this afternoon, please post a report.

Thanks,
Dave

RJSFLYTRIP
04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
The Lower Yuba is not going to blow out. The clarity on the river is perfect with about 4-5 feet of visibility. It has a great emerald green color to the water. I guided the Yuba today and the fishing was good. We managed to hook 20 rainbows between 8-21". It seemed like they were not keyed in on any specific bugs. Caught fish on all kinds of different nymphs like stones, march browns, pmds, and baetis. There were very few bugs on the water. Not a good day for those that love to throw dries.

Hope this Helps!

Tight Lines & Good Luck.

Cmcculloch
04-10-2009, 10:19 PM
I've seen several references to "blown out" on this board, but I'm not clear on the meaning. I'd like to get more info about the characteristics of a blown out river.

Thanks!

SHigSpeed
04-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Basically, blown out means muddied beyond fishability.

_SHig

Dagee
04-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Well the weather wasn't bad but the fishing was. We only managed to hook six fish from the bridge to the Sycamore takeout. We saw one other boat and they found the fishing tough as well. All small fish. 326

SHigSpeed
04-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Well the weather wasn't bad but the fishing was. We only managed to hook six fish from the bridge to the Sycamore takeout. We saw one other boat and they found the fishing tough as well. All small fish. 326

Man, I HOPE you're joking! That there is a very nice 'bow, and six fish isn't anything to sneeze at.

If not, I wanna be on your boat on a good day.

_SHig

Ed Wahl
04-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Me too, if that's considered by you to be a small fish, just what size is average?

I don't think one of your 'big' ones would fit in the frame.:)

Dagee
04-11-2009, 09:31 PM
I had to throw that picture in. That was from last year:D. Nothing over 10 inches this trip.

SHigSpeed
04-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I had to throw that picture in. That was from last year:D. Nothing over 10 inches this trip.

You dog! Too funny - no "trolling" on this board. ;)

_SHig