PDA

View Full Version : Lower Sac and Lower Feather 4/4,4/5

Darrin.Deel
04-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Floated the lower sac on sat and the feather this evening.

Saturday-Started with high wind and off color water, didn't hook up till almost lunchtime. After the lunch the wind died down and fishing became good. Boated 8 by the takeout. Not a single fish on a rubberleg.

This evening-Got on the water at 3 and floated the low flow. 1 Sucker, 1 pikeminnow, 1 salmon smolt, and 2 beautiful spring run wild acrobatic steelhead. 25" and 20". Lost 2 more metalheads also.

PM me for more info.

Thanks and Tightlines

seth
04-06-2009, 02:42 PM
My buddy and I just got a new boat and decided to take it for a test run on the lower sac this past sat/sun. Put in at Bonney at 9 on Sat. and were loaded up to camp on Sat. night. We pulled over on the first run and my buddy landed a nice bow and lost another in the first 10 minutes. Dave caught a nother fish before lunch, a nice 22" brute with eyes the size of a horses, not a bad fish to break in the boat. Both fish were caught on a Fox Pupah. We ended up setting up camp on Saturday next to a great run that looked promising. We fished it hard for 2 hours with no luck. At about 7 the Mayflies started coming up and we were shocked there were no risers. We switched up the caddis for some micro mays and Dave hit 6 fish in about 30 minutes. 3 beautiful adults in the 18-20 in. range and 3 around 14-16.
We woke up on Sunday and hit the same run, I had a nice fish on but it dropped the micro may. Didn't see much ation until the lumber yard, Dave pulled in a couple of 14" ers that put on an air show for us. My buddy caught 2 great looking fish by Anderson Park, and I hooked another in the canyon. The majority of the fish we caught were on caddis with one on the rubberlegs in slow water with a long leader.
Although my friend landed the majority of the fish it was a great weekend; fishing, camping and enjoying some time on the river. The lower sac is a great river to float with a ton of fish in it!

Mrs.Finsallaround
04-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Saturday afternoon Paul and I went up the Sacramento out of Verona, striper hunting....

What does Paul do? Lands a STEELHEAD on a WHISTLER! Only fish caught all afternoon. Maybe now he'll post his side of the story....

YES, I was skunked.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Have yet to catch anything going out of Verona.](*,)

Darrin.Deel
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Seth- were you in a 2 man pontoon boat? I was the first one in the parking lot with the green 4runner and alumaweld drift boat. You guys looked like you were armed to the teeth with gear. good to hear you guys did good. see you on the river

seth
04-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah, that was us. Most of what was on the back of the boat were tents, sleeping bags etc. Great weekend on the river though, I'm ready to get back up there.

Seth