PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake report

Chris Evison
04-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Guided Pyramid last friday and fished it with friends this wed. Windy in the morning and calm in the afternoon on wed.

Slow both days. Saw Jay south of south nets on both fri and wed. On fri he said it was slow, didn't speak to him on wed- heavy wind and high waves.

On fri started at Dago Bay with 4 clients. Saw 3 others there. No fish. Moved to Lonetree. Again no fish. Saw Jay and decided to keep going to Pelican. From 2-4 we got five fish under indicators.

Wed. also slow. We only got 4 fish.

Water temp still in upper 40's (47 on wed). When water warms to low 50's and stays there the fishing will improve. With current storm pattern it may be late april until things get going.

I filmed a flyfishing show at Pyramid in march, 2 years ago. I got a call saying it will air 3rd week of april on the Sportsmans Channel (605 for those w/Direct TV). The show is called "Reel Outdoors" and is hosted by Chris Bailey. I haven't seen any of it, but it should be interesting and informative.

Go get a big red!

lee s.
04-02-2009, 07:43 PM
We were up there Thur afternoon, Fri, and Sat also. Wind came up Sat PM for us. There were SOME fish pestered.....one at 26" and one at 28". It required absolute concentration and extreme persistence to achieve success. We took one 19" fish for dinner that was chuck full of copepods. I have found this to usually translate into "not too many bugs around yet".
We had a grand time snooping with the canoe and pastering a few fish and seeing Betty and Ed K. However, Pyramid is off our "needs to do" list till warmer water abounds.....and by then we should be into greentrout around here. ;-)
.....lee s.

jayclarkflyfishing
04-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Chris-
It was good to see you out there!The fishing started to pick up this week a little bit more.I stuck a 10.5 monday afternoon and an 8.5 yesterday.Got battered by huge waves this am and decided to come home.This was the best week that I have seen for midge fishing all season.Things are looking up!

Jay