PDA

View Full Version : Lake Davis

jayclarkflyfishing
03-30-2009, 07:46 AM
I drove up to Davis on saturday to check out the conditions.The ice is starting to come off a little bit around the edges.Not enough to fish yet but another week or two and we should be in business.The road is plowed to Mallard,but past there it has melted out and is drivable for a ways.Still a bit of snow on the ground but it is going quickly.

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-30-2009, 08:03 AM
This spring could be good on Davis Lake.

I like to go up there in May/June for the hatches.

SHigSpeed
03-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Great, thanks for the update! I've never fished Davis and it's on my "list" this year. Only had passing awareness of it because of the pike fiascos...

_SHig

Scott V
03-30-2009, 08:58 AM
I am planning to head out around the 4th weekend of April if I hear any good reports. I have heard it is a place I definetly need to fish. I'll let you know when I go Shig, I'll probably be taking the rv to stay for the weekend.

jayclarkflyfishing
03-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Scott
The campgrounds may or may not be open by then.Let me know when you are coming up and I'll give you any info on campground availability.

Jay

FRSam
04-01-2009, 04:01 PM
I was up this past Friday to run the dog and check out the lake. As has been posted there's still quite a bit of snow on the ground and no access to Honker or anywhere else for that matter.

There is a ribbon of water around parts of the lake but not much...on my drive out I passed some guy in a truck pulling an 18ft Lund outboard toward the lake...I couldn't help but smile as he passed me...I hope he brought along his ice skates.

It shouldn't be too much longer before the lake is fishable - I can hardly wait.

On a side note I've heard Frenchman's is fishing extremely well and is ice free and has been for some time now. So if you have to get out that might be a good bet.

Pete

Tracy Chimenti
04-02-2009, 12:54 AM
In about 3-years, this lake is gonna be full of "freight trains"! I can't wait til it gets back to status! It's a trophy factory!