PDA

View Full Version : Boston Whaler Dauntless 160

mikenewman
03-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Well my pride and joy is up for sale.

Boston Whaler Dauntless 160, Mercury 115 o/b, Eazyloader trailer.
Valued by the dealership at $23,000+. Includes Minn Kota bow mount trolling motor, Lowrance LCX-25c color Fishfinder & GPS, Mills custom fit cover.
Low hours, freshwater use only

She's on for $19,975 but as I'm relocating I'm open to the best offer.

Gotta stop now, my tears are gumming up the keyboard.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/Mikenewman_/DSC_0011.jpg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-28-2009, 06:55 PM
That is a very fine boat for the delta, bays, inshore and lakes.

KennyC
03-29-2009, 07:48 PM
What year is the boat? Can you quantify "low hours"?

Ed Wahl
03-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Where ya relocating to Mike?

We're gonna miss your bass reports.

Ed

mikenewman
03-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Kenny - Email sent.

Hey Ed, believe me, I'm gonna miss writing 'em. My love affair with the Delta has been intense, rewarding but way too short.

We're going back to the UK. Looks like we're going to take a house in the Welsh hills with sheep for neighbors and six miles to the nearest town. There are two small wild trout streams within 10 minutes of the front door and a whole range of trout, grayling and occasional salmon, within an hour's drive.

But no bass, I'm afraid - still, I have enough topwater tales to bore the arse off the locals for many a year!

Cheers

Mike

PS You'll be welcome to visit anytime. You can even bring Lee - no snakes.

David Lee
03-30-2009, 11:08 AM
We're going back to the UK. Looks like we're going to take a house in the Welsh hills with sheep for neighbors and six miles to the nearest town. There are two small wild trout streams within 10 minutes of the front door and a whole range of trout, grayling and occasional salmon, within an hour's drive.

Damned shame , you leaving . I will miss your reports .

There is some Pike fishing in Ireland . Not quite Bass Bugging ....... but sorta close . Have a safe trip , and keep in touch !!

David

onemorecast
04-14-2009, 03:57 PM
I had a 1996 Dauntless 16'. That was the best boat I've ever had.

mikenewman
04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Not a good time to sell a boat, but she's gone. Buyer liked my set up so much he took the boat, the hoist and the remainder of the annual berth rental.
(Wanted my wife as well but ya gotta draw the line somewhere!)