PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake

Chris Evison
03-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Still slow from Pelican north. Water temp still in upper 40's. Fishing will pick-up as water warms. Right now expect 3-5 fish days. In morning fishing slows when sun hits the water.

South end of the lake is basically same with the some reports of 15-20 fish days. You have to search for them. Try Wino south to Dago Bay and all the spots in between. The nets closed on 3/15 and will re-open 5/15.

Stripping and indicator fishing are both working, come prepared to do both.

I guide on Pyramid on fri then off to the East Walker to guide over weekend.

I'll post reports when I return.

Rob has group of 11 on Pyramid starting today thru sat so we'll have more.

Chris Evison

mark
03-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Much of the same for us, we fished it last sunday (sorry for the stale report). We fished through intermittent snow flurries all day and had a heck of a time with traffic on the pass coming back home. Water is still a bit cold and fishing was still a bit slow, about a 1-2 fish average.

We fished more of the northern beaches, I don't like to fight crowds. Did land some bigger fish in our group so that was a bonus, we had a great time up there.

jayclarkflyfishing
03-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Chris-
It was great meeting you!Hope you were able to put your clients onto some fish on friday.I had another good week at Pyramid.The fishing is starting to pick up with a number of large fish put in the net.I put a 31",30",3@29" 3@28" and numerous fish between 24"-27" in my net for clients on Thursday.The conditions were windy with big waves in the morning and then it flattened out to calm water in the afternoon.All fish were caught on beetles and buggers.I haven't had much success with midges yet but there are fish being caught this way.

Now the serious part.During the big waves on Thursday an older gentleman fishing near us was knocked off his ladder by a big wave.He was wearing neoprene waders and was unable to get his feet beneath him.Quick reaction by myself and another angler saved this mans' life.Use extreme caution when fishing Pyramid during a wind/wave event.Be safe and have fun.NO FISH IS WORTH DIEING FOR!!

I'll be with clients during the week and will post a report when I get home.

Jay

BruceSmith
03-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Great to meet you Jay and good job netting those big Lahontan's. Thanks for all the help and information in this past week, it couldn't have been done without you.

Stuck another nine pounder this morning. Hopeing the wind will come back up and get those cows working again.

BruceSmith
03-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Here is that 30"er.