PDA

View Full Version : the Economy and where your fishing this year.

winndknot
03-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi all, given the state of the economy we are wondering how many of you are sticking pretty close to home this year?

If you are staying close to home, where will you be fishing?

Thanks just curious!

FISHEYE
03-24-2009, 12:57 PM
I am going on one of J. M's Baja weeks and then I will pretty much stick close to home fore the rest of the year, until I go down to Belize in November. Of course close to home means fishing in southcentral Alaska- the Kenai River, lots of small streams, Cook Inlet, and Valdez. Tough life, but someone has to do it. Fishing Alaska for 6 months a year is the reward for 6 months of winter.

David Lee
03-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Southern Baja is still the least expensive option around . Candida and I are back to Punta Colorada in October for 15-20 days this year . Cheaper than lodging/guides for two in Canada or Alaska .

While airfare to Australia is going down nicely ..... it still isn't our range yet . Perhaps 2010 ?? I'll be down to SoCal in late Spring/early Summer to visit Paul C. and do the surf down there , if that counts . Everything else will be close to home .....

David

Paul B.
03-24-2009, 05:25 PM
More bass fishing close to home along with the usual trout streams. I hope to hook-up with a few of the smallmouth nuts here (this board) when it all starts. Paul

Darian
03-24-2009, 10:29 PM
La Paz in early June with Jay M. :D Either back to Baja in October or to South Florida for Peacock Bass in September.... Thinkin' about a Mako trip in San Diego.... :D Other than that, it's Black Bass, Stripers and cutthroat at Pyramid Lake, NV, maybe a truck camping trip to British Columbia (Vancouver Island) or somewhere in the Rockies.... ;)

Of course, other than the trips to Baja, most of it is dependent on whether I buy a new bass boat or not.... :nod:

medfly
03-26-2009, 05:16 PM
planning to primarily stick around the old haunts, gotta do my yearly visit to bishop for the owens river, hot creek and the like, i also hope to get up to the mccloud, hat creek, the pit, and upper sac., will likely get some sierra backcountry at some point as well, i am planning two more extensive trips, my first adventure into salt and am heading to belize for one week to hit the flats and also plan to make a california-wide trip starting at kennedy meadows up through the northeastern corner of the state to the coast and back for the california heritage trout challenge. man all this talk, i want to go fishing, too bad i have med school duties for now :(

Jeff Morrison
03-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Got back from a week on Oahu earlier this month.
Largemouth Bass this Spring outside D/FW, Texas (Lake Ray Roberts)
Wood River (Rhode Island) this June.
Planning a trip to the Trinity in November.
Looking at Louisiana Red Drum in March 2010.

Ed Wahl
03-26-2009, 07:16 PM
I'll be picking apart our state again this year. It seems no matter how many days you put in each year there's always some new water, some new fish, some new landscape that cries out to be explored.

I'd like to try something this year.

Salt to Clouds.

I'll have to keep a list.

And it's all in state.

Ed

Charlie Gonzales
03-26-2009, 10:32 PM
San Diego w/ John Loo of Beyond the Breakwater.

Scott V
03-27-2009, 07:17 AM
San Diego next weekend, La Paz in MAy with Jay. Not sure where, but somewhere in the RV with my wife, atleast 3 trips soemwhere in California. Other than that I plan on exploring alot more of the sierras for new species.

troutbm
04-19-2009, 02:48 PM
All over northern and central california trout waters. I figure theres more then enough right here in my own backyard to keep me busy. With the state of the economy I defenitly won't be eating as good as usual.

Pound
04-21-2009, 11:58 AM
I will be flying into Pennsylvania Mid June to visit family and fishing a week there, before flying into Denver a week later to fish my way back to Ca, which I think will run about 3 weeks.

I do the Pa trip yearly, but the Co to Ca is a result of the bad economy. My buddy was laid off of work, and I have the summer off, so what else is there to do with little money and a lot of free time? But fish of course… \\:D/

There will be many hot dog eat'n and land to squat on...