PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's Dec Hogan Spey Class

Jasonh
03-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Today we finished up the last day of our Dec Hogan Spey classes. For the second year in a row Dec Hosted three classes on spey casting and fishing instruction. It was a pleasure to listen to Dec talk about the different elements of each various spey cast and watch him help each student. While Dec did a fabulous job instructing students on 6 different spey casts, I feel most of the students enjoyed his talk about fishing for steelhead with a two handed spey rod. Dec went through how he would fish a floating line with a skated fly, wet fly, and fishing heavy sinking tips.

It was great to spend three days with Dec and after listening to him speak and teach, I feel I learned something new each day. It was a pleasure to help Dec and Terry Thomas with this class and hopefully we can look forward to having Dec out again next year. Thanks to all who attended and thanks again Dec!

Jason Hartwick

Grampa Spey
03-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Today we finished up the last day of our Dec Hogan Spey classes. For the second year in a row Dec Hosted three classes on spey casting and fishing instruction. It was a pleasure to listen to Dec talk about the different elements of each various spey cast and watch him help each student. While Dec did a fabulous job instructing students on 6 different spey casts, I feel most of the students enjoyed his talk about fishing for steelhead with a two handed spey rod. Dec went through how he would fish a floating line with a skated fly, wet fly, and fishing heavy sinking tips.

It was great to spend three days with Dec and after listening to him speak and teach, I feel I learned something new each day. It was a pleasure to help Dec and Terry Thomas with this class and hopefully we can look forward to having Dec out again next year. Thanks to all who attended and thanks again Dec!

Jason Hartwick

It was a fun day. Dec did a great job. Thanks to you and Terry for hosting the program and providing the new lines and rods to try. It felt like a mini clave and like the Fridays of the SpeyoRama where and when you get to try all the great new toys.

The instruction by Dec can make our casting easier to do and hopefully will improve our fishing skills with our two handed rods.

I think there may be an opening with the fly shop that starts with an F in Redding in Dec's round of instructions there due to a cancellation of one of those who signed up.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Dec taught 6 different people each day, Sat/Sun/Mon, which is a very special way to learn more more about the two handed world.

Be ready to sign up for next year.

Thanks goes to Dec, Terry and Jason for making the event a success.