PDA

View Full Version : Echo fly reel - spare spools

jack_salmon99
03-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Anyone know where I can purchase some spare spools? Most of the dealers listed in their website no longer carry them. A google search is not panning out either. I am looking for ideas. Thanks

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-21-2009, 10:25 PM
I think they had/have two sizes?

Which one do you have?

jack_salmon99
03-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Bill,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, Echo offered two sizes: 4/6 and 6/9. I have two of the 4/6 and two of
the 6/9. I am looking for spares for all four.

Not sure what you have heard about their reels but I have been very happy with mine.

Take care

flue_fisker
03-22-2009, 12:05 AM
you have come to the same wall that I have....before they were discontinued all the shops dumped all of their inventory half price...i picked up a few reels and spools here and there....about the only place now that occasionally has them is ebay...like you as a bang for your buck reel the echo reels are just great....I fish mine in the surf and inshore bay fishing and love them...good luck in your search....

adam

SHigSpeed
03-22-2009, 09:21 AM
I just had a spool replaced under warranty by Echo recently (the handle broke off "all by itself", honest! :-$) so I imagine they have inventory. Give them an email, they may be able to help!

That said, the Okuma Cascades are in the same league (I own both and like the Okuma better) and super "economical". Take a look at them if you don't mind having a fancy aluminum piece of art.

_SHig

jack_salmon99
03-22-2009, 09:47 AM
_SHig

Is this the link to Echo that you used? www.echoflyfishing.com

This website doesn't seem to function at this moment. Maybe it'll heal soon. Thanks for the tip on Okuma.

SHigSpeed
03-22-2009, 12:16 PM
_SHig

Is this the link to Echo that you used? www.echoflyfishing.com

This website doesn't seem to function at this moment. Maybe it'll heal soon. Thanks for the tip on Okuma.

Jamie Hixon at Rajeffsports.com was who I emailed. Try info@rajeffsports.com.

Good luck!

_SHig

jack_salmon99
03-22-2009, 02:00 PM
_SHig

Thanks much - I just sent them an email.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-23-2009, 09:13 AM
I just contacted Rajeff Sports/Echo and they have spools now in both sizes.

We can get them in less than a week if anyone needs them.

PS: The reel that replaced them was the new super light Redington 'Crosswater' synthetic reel with a real drag @ $55.00........we sell tons of them.

jack_salmon99
03-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Bill - I'll give you a call at the shop. Thanks for checking into things for me.

/s/ Bill