PDA

View Full Version : Dave Lambroughton - photographer plus.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-18-2009, 09:22 PM
I met Dave up at Fall River in the 1970s where he was hanging out fishing with Bob Quigley and photographing the countryside.

Dave is most famous for his calendars: "Fly Fishing Dreams".

Here is an article he wrote for Flyfisherman magazine:

http://www.flyfisherman.com/westerncanada/dlbritishcolumbia/index.html

"British Columbia, the Last Frontier".

Dave spends his life mostly fly fishing and shooting pictures.

He spends much of the winter in New Zealand. He fishes the Dean River for Steelhead in the mid-summer. Fall he fishes the Skeena drainage. Summer he fishes trout in BC.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Had a nice chat with him today on the phone. He has converted to digital as everyone mostly has. He uses a Nikon D300 (~$1600)but says for most of us the D90 (~$900) would be great.

He like several of their lenses too. The Nikon 18-200mm with image stabilizing is around $600. Another lens he likes is the 18-105mm IS that is around $300. they have a small lens, the 18-55mm that is very inexpensive.

Jay Murakoshi
03-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Bill,

Nikon definitely has some great cameras. I too have the D300 and a D70X. I back them up with a 17-55mm 2.8, 105mm 2.8 and a 70-200mm.

This week, I looked at a camera that the guy at the Apple store who is working with me on Final Cut Pro just purchased. It's the Canon 5D. He was showing me some video that he shot using his 18mm fisheye from the car. It was amazing

He also turned me on to this new toy - it's an underwater camera that can go down to 100'
To take a look at this camera, go to www.goprocamera.com and click on the "wide hero"
button. I think this will be a great video camera for the front of my pram

Jay