PDA

View Full Version : New Gami hook....B10S -#6 to #2/0

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-13-2009, 09:36 PM
People were asking for this special black nickel stinger hook for bass. Labeled a ''stinger'' design, this awesome Gamakatsu B10S Hook handles any job you can dream up for a wide-gap sproat design. Outstanding for deer hair bass bugs, Clouser Minnow variations, Steelhead Skaters, Bunny Sculpins, extended body hoppers, stoneflies and more. Super-sharp point with a black nickel finish.

25 per pack. $5.99 - $7.99

Hairstacker
03-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Yes, indeed, those are great hooks. I have on hand a supply of them in size 1/0, which I think is perfect for deer hair divers and poppers for topwater bassin'. I plan to get some in size 2/0 as well.

They are sized differently, though, than the Tiemco equivalents, so you'll want to account for this when you shop for them. For example, the size 1/0 Gamakatsu is the same size as the size 2 Tiemco TMC8089 but one eye-length shorter.

By the way, if you do a side-by-side comparison, you'll find the Gamakatsu is sturdier than its Tiemco equivalent. I like 'em a lot.

David Lee
03-13-2009, 11:09 PM
By the way, if you do a side-by-side comparison, you'll find the Gamakatsu is sturdier than its Tiemco equivalent.

Great point , Mike !

A Dahlberg Diver will track a LOT better w/ the heavier B-10 hook .

David

Jay Murakoshi
03-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Bill,

I've been using the B10S Stinger for a number of years, even for the surfzone flies. My only draw back is that 2/0 is the largest size it comes in. All my CD Divers, Dahlbergs, are tied on this hook and even some of my smaller carp flies.
I know Steve Potter uses this hook a lot, also

See you in April

Jay

FISHEYE
03-14-2009, 09:58 AM
This is my go to hook for articulated flesh flies and leaches for BIG, MONDO Alaska trout, steelhead and king salmon. We only use this hook for the stinger- the front hook is usually an old mustad and we cut the hook at the bend. This is also a very nice pike hook.