PDA

View Full Version : Drought

Frank Alessio
03-06-2009, 04:45 PM
I have a Very Simple Question.... If we have a State wide Drought, Why is there 46,800cfs

of Water going down(being released) at Verona when last year at about this time 3-20-08

there was 10,800. Seems to me We could be saving that extra 30,000cfs the good Lord is

sending us right now.... I wonder of Arnold knows about California Data Exchange......

Dave Neal
03-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Frank-

Yeah, good stuff, eh?

Water resources/logic/politics/Ag/Urban needs... A complex potpurri indeed.

Darian
03-06-2009, 11:04 PM
You guys forgot to mention money.... :D :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-07-2009, 08:48 AM
maybe they are sucking it out of the delta and sending down south to fill all their reservoirs????

gryhackl
03-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Keep in mind that if there is enough water around the water resources people and politicos have no power. How many years do you recall The American River running at 40,000 CFS all spring long and draining Folsom way down?

Phil Synhorst
03-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I remember they drew Folsom down for a year(or 2?) after one of the gates broke. They did it so they could fix the one, and retro fit the others. I know the repairs to the broken one were done, but I don't recall hearing that the others were fixed. Does anyone know if the retro fits got done, or did they leave us vulnerable?

Tracy Chimenti
03-07-2009, 10:10 PM
High flows are flushing flows! Good way to get smots through the striper guettos.

Mike R
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Simple answer. There are a lot of tributaries that are not dam controlled. Rain falls and they drain water.

Mike

lee s.
03-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Well,
Let's see. Mid draught, threatened water rationing, supposed voluntary cutbacks. Rain fell real good last Tuesday. On Wednesday we rode to Austin Creek on the Russian. One vineyard was sprinkling water.....and there was STILL water running along the roads. Well, MAYBE HIS vineyard was under a frost warning.....at 2:30 PM!
Yep. I'm surely gonna cut back on my car washing. Might even find a fawcet beside the house to turn on for extended periods. I think we should all do our best to help them use up their 200% allotment. If I were to sit on the street corner and sell watches I do not have, guess who would go to jail. Can't a good lawyer do the same to them? Get rid of the "present" them and see how bad the "next" them is......and then get rid of them too.
.....lee s.