PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof point and shoot

fishinjohnny
03-06-2009, 02:02 AM
So after I dunked my canon in the river last week I was all set to pick up the Pentax W60, but after talking to the fellas at my local camera shop they told me Olympus and Canon were coming out with new waterproof cameras in the next week or so. Any suggestions from the experts? I was also told that Pentax was close to going out of of business so they might not be a smart choice right now. Anyone heard about this?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Now you have Pentax, Olympus and the new Canon point-n-shoot water proof cameras to choose from.

I am sure they are all wonderful.

trinity
03-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I have the Olympus stylus 1030 sw and it is really all I can ask for. I carry it my wader pouch and it is always damp or a little wet, never a problem. Takes great pics too.

Adam Grace
03-10-2009, 12:49 AM
I love my Pentax for fly fishing photos. The Olympus is much more durable than both the Canon and the Pentax but knowing Canons supremacy with digital cameras and the fact that it is durable up to a 5 foot drop I'd give the Canon a try....although the Olympus is thinner. It's a tough decision but all three cameras will take a great picture for you.