PDA

View Full Version : Ab 1253

Darian
03-06-2009, 12:12 AM
This bill is the proposal by south state water interests to remove game fish protections for Striped Bass from the F&G Code that you may have read about below or over on Blanton's BB. :nod: There's an extensive discussion of the provisions of the bill relative to the approach to be taken for opposition (science, stats, etc.). I won't belabor that again, here. 8-)

However, the bill does contain an onerous provisions that we should take note of and vehemently oppose.... :mad: The bill would add section 2305 to the F&G Code to stop stocking, transport, possession, etc., within the borders of this state (you can read it yourself, later. I'll provide a link). :cool:

Subsection (b) (1) provides for a penalty of from $500.00 to $10,000.00 for violation of the section by any person, "....who resists, delays, obstructs, or interferes with the implementation...." :-s The last part of the section gives DFG the is enabled to "....impose this civil penalty administratively." That means no court is required in this process. Administrative regulations will be drafted by DFG for running the process. :confused: These provisions are too damn general and shouldn't appear in any legislation, period. :mad:

After adoption of the regs a warden or other person, for example, could decide that someone is resisting implementation by filing a lawsuit to stop implementation of the law (should the bill pass and become a law) and make an assessment, file a lien against property (already allowed in the F&G code) of the plaintiff(s) and have Franchise Tax Board offset against any refunds or any monies owed to that person by the state. :\\

What the HELL ever happened to free speech :?: :?:

Here's the link to the bill:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_1251-1300/ab_1253_bill_20090227_introduced.html

Everyone should be offended by this provision of the bill, let alone all of the other reasons to object.... :nod: :nod:

David Lee
03-06-2009, 09:05 AM
I had to go look up 'onerous' .......

Sounds like yet another stream of urine landing upon out precious Consitution , thanks to politico madness .

Being half-Irish .... I am well versed in the concept of CAPT. MOONLIGHT . If you understand those two words , then you know what is going to happen , sooner or later .

Revolution is a good thing , sometimes ....... especially in the face of insanity .

David