PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Baja ?

Jay Murakoshi
03-05-2009, 06:17 PM
If you're looking for reasonable price trip, I have a number of spots left for May. Right now, there are some roosters chewing on the bait, a few yellow tails willing to test your tackle. A number of people have inquired about the trip, especially at the last three show have shown interest. Time is getting short and the hotel is asking for me to release rooms that I won't need in May, June and July. One of the main hotels has closed their doors and hotel rooms will be at a premium. They closed due to a union/ho
tel problem not the lack of tourist.
I will be fishing on my own from June 13 - 20. I plan on renting a car or van and travel the coast line of Baja with beach fishing in mind. Although I have a room at the Hotel La Concha reserved, I might use other hotels along the Baja Coast line..

One last thing.... the peso is great for people traveling to Baja. I checked it today and it was 15.3 peos to the $$$$. I'm trying to find a bank in Fresno to convert some USD in Peso's.

Good fishing

Jay

formula1
03-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Is it better to convert dollars to pesos here in the US before going, or can you get a decent (comparable) rate down there?

Chris A.
03-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Jay,

You can buy pesos at Wells Fargo. I have a timeshare in Mexico and always exchange my money before I go down to Mexico and I usually get a much better exchange rate.

Jay Murakoshi
03-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the info

Jay