PDA

View Full Version : Teton flyreels making a comeback ???

David Lee
03-05-2009, 02:31 PM
I have heard .....

New ownership is almost in place , and production could start soon .

Good news , in my opinion . I own a mess o' them , and have never had ANY problems . It would be great to see them make a comeback !!

David

Hairstacker
03-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Totally agree, that would definitely be good news. I own a couple myself. :D

Jet
03-05-2009, 07:04 PM
I need a part for one of mine and was going to have Archuleta's make one for it. I loaned my teton #5 to a friend and it was returned with not drag knob. I got the knob and teflon washer from Teton but never got the spring and detent plunger. The knob seems to loosen up over time on this one.

Any idea how soon they may be back in business?

Jet

David Lee
03-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Joe -

First , kick your 'friend' in the arse .

Second ......

Call Irene @ (209)785-4494 , and tell her that your reel needs fixin' . Feel free to drop my name (that way , she will KNOW that you're trouble) . Teton has done a good job in the past of being proactive w/ customers .

Careful who ya loan stuff to .......

David

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-06-2009, 12:40 AM
That's nice to hear....they have a big following.

Le' Roy
03-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Teton rocks man...;)
Got a pile of them, never a problem-
I talked to Irene last week, she said it will take a little time but a new owner had been found- They will be worth us being patient, they have a killer product for the coin...

davkrat
03-16-2009, 08:22 AM
I can't wait to pick up a few more Tioga reels and spools. I spoke to her a while back and she said the price had not gone up in 15 years so you should expect an increase with the new owner but that said they have a fantastic product that has always been much more reasonable than any other reels. Can't wait for the new production to start!