PDA

View Full Version : Milestone

Adam Grace
03-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Today, I reached my 30's, wow ....not really a youngster anymore.

I want to know what was better for you older-than-me guys, were your 20's better or you 30's? Why?

Mik
03-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Happy b-day! I am only 3 years older than you, but it seemed like people took me a little bit more serious when I hit 30.

Jay Murakoshi
03-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Let's see 32 years older... That's a good age.. I know get to draw SS and hope you live long enough to use everything you put into it.
The best age was 55. Got to retire

Happy Birthday, Adam

Jay

David Lee
03-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Happy Birthday Adam !!!!!!!

My 30's were , hands-down , MUCH better than my 20's . I did fewer stupid things in my 30's .

40 will suck , though ........ like hitting a brick wall . Enjoy your youth while you still have it .

Any wild and crazy plans for the day ??????????

David

Scott V
03-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Over all my 30's were way better than my 20's. I never saw the inside of a jail when I was in my 30's, but I saw enough of them to never want to see the inside again in my 20's.

Happt b-day Adam.

flyfshrmn
03-04-2009, 05:04 PM
30 is not a milestone. 60 is a milestone. When you're young, you have the hammer and everything is a nail. When you're older, you've found a lot more tools and most things are not nails.

jbird
03-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Happy b-day Adam!

I turned 40 last month. I liked 30s better because family seemed to be a greater priority...will never regret that.

Dave Neal
03-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Happy Birthday, Adam.

Though I am not much older than you (36) I thought I would contribute...

30's are a good decade, have been for me, so far.

You are still young enough to dream, but old enough to know the difference.

k.hanley
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Happy birthday Adam.

Hands down for me......my 20's.

Hopefully I'll be able to say my 60's in due time.
Cheers, Ken

Charlie Gonzales
03-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I'll let you know when I get to that stage! Happy birthday G man.

Darrin.Deel
03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
happy birthday dude. i still got 12 years to go...

MSP
03-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Sorry Adam, I don't remember!

davkrat
03-05-2009, 07:27 AM
I'll be 33 the end of the month and have always heard that your 30's are when you really get to have fun. In your 20's you have time and freedom but no $$$$. Now in my 30's I'm supposed to have more money but the economy has steadily handed me a a$$ kicking on an annual basis. Wife lost her job and now we're short selling my house at a $189K loss! So what I am saying is that you should have a great decade ahead of you. I now have two kids that I CANNOT wait to get involved in the outdoors. I definately spend fewer weekends too hungover to get out and do anything. I lived in Quincy for 2.5 years back in my 20's and I have probably fished up there more since moving than I did when I lived there. Something about Beer, girls, Beer, being a broke college kid and did I mention BEER? That's one of the motivations for me was looking back at when I lived right in the mountains and did not fish/hunt as much as I should have, I feel like I wasted that time. Now I make sure that I take the time to go and do the things I love. I guess that comes with maturity. I just hope gas doesn't creep towards $4 like last year. That really put the damper on some fishing trips last summer.

Hairstacker
03-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Happy Birthday Adam! 30s are a great decade. It's the time to (gasp!) start a family, get yourself underway towards retirement (if you haven't done so already), and generally get it all together, while taking advantage of your continuing youth. I guess what I'm saying is, make the most of this decade while living life to its fullest.

Adam Grace
03-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Guys, thanks for all the kind wishes and opinions.

I have been gone up in Tahoe on a birthday weekend type of thing, great weather but no fishing. Lately I have been hearing that most people enjoyed their 30's more so I am optimistic. I am looking forward to my 30's but I have little regrets while looking back at my 20's.

Thanks again for all the kind wishes!

SteelieD
03-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Happy Birthday, Adam.

Each decade a bit different. All fun in it's own way. I will have to agree w/ David the 40's suck physically though. The body just doesn't want to respond the way it used to!

Enjoy!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-10-2009, 08:21 AM
At 63 I still feel young (immature at times too) mentally but my body is starting to feel older.

Be sure you don't waste any years.......

Being a grampa is pretty cool though.

David Lee
03-10-2009, 10:42 AM
....... I am looking forward to my 30's but I have little regrets while looking back at my 20's.

Then ...... you didn't do 'em right .

David

RobK.
03-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Today, I reached my 30's, wow ....not really a youngster anymore.

I want to know what was better for you older-than-me guys, were your 20's better or you 30's? Why?

I will make you feel really old , Cody i now 20 and Jason 23 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am the one felling REALLY REALLY old !! Can't believe my baby is 20 .

mems
03-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Aloha Adam, happy B-day. Every age has its benefits and drawbacks. I won't go inot the whole Daniel Levinson theory, but your 30th b-day can be a time when you look at your life and wonder if you are on the right path. I know you have a good heart and a passion for life. Make sure that what makes you happy is the relationships you have and not the material things. If you have unconditional love for others and yourself then any age will be wonderful. I hope you get to take a trip to a nice wide flat and catch your fill of bonefish. That would be my wish for you. Have a good one, Don.