PDA

View Full Version : To Forum Guests

Hairstacker
03-01-2009, 07:15 PM
I've noticed for quite some time (and I'm sure others have too) that's there's a lot of "Guests" on this forum -- usually twice as many as members at any given moment. I think that's cool as it reveals more participation of sorts but why don't you folks join in? The more the merrier and it would certainly be more fun to have more posting activity. Anyway, just want to extend a welcoming hand if you're so inclined. . . . :)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-01-2009, 07:59 PM
If anyone has had trouble or is having trouble getting registered or logging on please email me directly.

Usually we can resolve this in a day.

billkiene@kiene.com

bearcrawl
03-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Remember all the members who might not be logged in at any given time. I know I use 3 or 4 different computers during the day and they might not all log me in automatically. Just a thought, I always think about that.

troutbm
03-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I've enjoyed this forum for a few years now and to be honest i had one hell of a time registering, Maybe because i tend to have little to no patience when it comes to a p.c. I tried to register dozens of times and the confirmation email never came, I think it my have been sent but my stupid computer email put it in the spam box.

Gregg Machel
03-05-2009, 01:20 AM
We have had lots of trouble with spammers creating bogus accounts, which made moderation next to impossible. After switching to this new software and figuring out all the tweaks, we were able to reduce these spam accounts to almost nothing.

This means that approvals will almost never be missed. If you got a message saying you are banned forever or something to that regard, email me direct and I'll take care of it right away. This is not intentional (in 99.9% of the cases).

Some of the "good guys" got mixed up with the "bad guys" and you may have been banned by mistake earlier. My appologies for this, but let us know about it and like I said we will fix it right away!

Fats
03-05-2009, 07:33 AM
We have had lots of trouble with spammers creating bogus accounts, which made moderation next to impossible. After switching to this new software and figuring out all the tweaks, we were able to reduce these spam accounts to almost nothing.

This means that approvals will almost never be missed. If you got a message saying you are banned forever or something to that regard, email me direct and I'll take care of it right away. This is not intentional (in 99.9% of the cases).

Some of the "good guys" got mixed up with the "bad guys" and you may have been banned by mistake earlier. My appologies for this, but let us know about it and like I said we will fix it right away!

Was that the deal... I had signed up a very long time ago and never was able to get on. When I came back again, I tried to set up and it said I had an account. I had been curious!

Gregg Machel
03-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Yes, you are correct. Once a messageboard gets on whatever list it is, it's terrible until you figure out how to stop them. At our peak, we were getting up to 200 garbage accounts created every day. This just dwarfed the legit accounts and in the process of cleaning them up, a lot of good people were neglected.

This new software has been awesome for fixing this. Still need a couple tweaks to the forum pages, but it seems to be working really good so far, especially on the administration side.