PDA

View Full Version : Lower sac 2/27 friday

Darrin.Deel
02-24-2009, 06:42 PM
I plan on floating this. I'm need practice on the oars...anyone down to go?

Weather dependent I would like to fish anderson down to balls ferry

SHigSpeed
02-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Oh man oh man... I was looking for an excuse to go fishing Friday! :)

Don't have a truck though. Hope you get someone to go, sounds like fun. Pray for good weather...

_SHig

matt johnson
02-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi Darrin,

Be sure to call the Flyshop Thursday before you go. The river today (Tuesday) was running super muddy straight out of Keswick. Hope the trip works out for you. Matt.

Darrin.Deel
02-24-2009, 09:09 PM
thanks dude
I saw the river on sunday at posse grounds and it was muddy. it would definitley be worth the call.

Chris Gearhart
02-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Man I wish I were available. The good news is with the flows as they are you should be able to get in some good wading even if you have to float solo. Hope the water clears.

Chris

Darrin.Deel
02-25-2009, 07:28 PM
i wouldn't float it alone strictly becuase i dont want to pay 30 dollars for a shuttle

pvsprme
02-25-2009, 07:58 PM
I'd like that..........
Been a long time since I've pulled a drift boat, but I've two Skykomish Sunrise 'toons and it's similar. I'm willing to spell you and shuttle (04 GMC w/a 2 or a 2-5/16" ball, let me know which).
About a 4 hour drive for me, but what the hey! Can't think of a better way to spend a furlough Friday (thanks Arnold).
Have you checked conditions? What are you planning on using? I presume you'll be nymphing; standard Micro poobah, etc/etc. Any caddis showing? I may have to replenish the flys.
PM Me,
Robert

mikel
02-25-2009, 10:16 PM
if you go, there were caddis at midday last Friday and a few bugs in the afternoon I couldn't identify...there were a few sippers during the hatch, but not a lot of surface activity. Caddis nymphs were good til about 1:30 and then it was zug bugs for an hour and then it was whatever you happened to get bit with...good luck. -mike

Sammy
02-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I fished it last weekend. There were a sh#$% ton of caddis pupa under every rock. Take a look when you're there. They were green. size 14-18. I tried a ton of different flys. The only thing i caught fish on was a caddis pupa.

Hope the weather holds out for you.

Seamus
02-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Darrin,
The lower sac is way muddy. I just drove over to Keswick and the lake is brown with very little visibility. The flows are still fine, but the river is just to muddy to fish, plus if you plan on floating Anderson to Balls Cow Creek is pumping a bunch more mud into the system. If you want to travel 45 min west the river over there is in good shape ;) .

Kind of odd for the lower sac to stay dirty this long, but the area around lake shasta got dumped on, and with so much dirt showing that makes for a lot of mud.

hate to see you drive up and not be able to fish

-Seamus

RJSFLYTRIP
02-26-2009, 07:43 PM
The Sac is going to be blown out for at least a couple more days. The water coming out of the Lake is Brown Brown! Don't bother with the drive!

Darrin.Deel
02-26-2009, 10:31 PM
I appreciate the help guys. by morning time i had decided that it was a no go. i wish i could though...

Phil Synhorst
03-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Darrin, I crossed the Sac. in Red Bluff and Redding today. Good news for you, the flow is down, and color is getting pretty good. It's milky, but NOT BROWN, roughly 2-3ft visablility from what I could tell.