PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 2/23

ted1
02-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Went to Pardee again today, it was raining pretty hard until Ione, then it started to clear up. There were 2 boats on the water besides me today. First fish was 22", and last fish was 20", a great day, 20 fish, all 16"+. Water was remotely clear, about 5 ft vis.It paid to fight the wind and rain today!

SHigSpeed
02-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Went to Pardee again today, it was raining pretty hard until Ione, then it started to clear up. There were 2 boats on the water besides me today. First fish was 22", and last fish was 20", a great day, 20 fish, all 16"+. Water was remotely clear, about 5 ft vis.It paid to fight the wind and rain today!

WOW! Outstanding day... Were you tubing/'tooning? Flies? Top, midging, buggering?

Do share (or PM me! :) )

_SHig

jburge
02-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Do share (or PM me! )

I'll echo that. I was out there on Saturday trying to kayak my way past the unbelievable shore crowd and ended up with skunk.

ted1
02-24-2009, 03:36 PM
I was in a boat, all the way in 5.5 mi. But I did catch a few just past the cove, just before the buoys on the left side. Most of the fishing has been way in there for me, anywhere else has been along rock walls, or at points-there are many at pardee. I caught most on a very slow drift, just using the electric motor to keep myself straight, and medium 3in strips. All buggers, with uniform sink type 3, about 12 ft down.

Hairstacker
02-24-2009, 03:45 PM
All buggers, with uniform sink type 3, about 12 ft down.

Are you picking up any smallies doing that?

ted1
02-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Nope no smallies at pardee, but I always get asked that since alot of areas I fish are along rock walls and perfect bass areas. The only smb I have ever caught was with a olive bugger at collins. I'm looking forward to trying bass fishing this spring, any suggestions?