PDA

View Full Version : My 1000th post

Scott V
02-23-2009, 10:46 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/Bender.jpg

Hairstacker
02-23-2009, 11:15 AM
So much for crossing over with a momentous post that helps out some ernest novice seeking enlightenment . . . . :lol:

In any case, Scott, hearty congratulations on your newly appointed rank of senior gabber. :D

You have reached this dubious level in record time, and in your case, doesn't simply reflect a desire to gab but more accurately reflects the passion you've demonstrated towards fly fishing -- you probably fish more than anybody I know who actually holds down a job. :lol:

You've also posted great fishing reports that we've all thoroughly enjoyed. Like in Ed's case, I'm also really looking forward to your next 1,000 as well. =D>

Don't forget to enjoy the senior gabber benefits David mentioned in the other thread . . . . :lol:

David Lee
02-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Don't forget item #31 -

All the calamine lotion you can use on your Duck-Mite rash .

Congrats , Scotty !!!!!

D. -

Scott V
02-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Thank you very much Mike for the kind words. You are truly a gentlemen and a great fisherman.

Now for my real post.

I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone on this board that has helped me become a good fly fisherman in a short time. I have been in the sport for about 2 years now and feel I have accomplished alot in a short time. I caught my first fish on the fly on July 1, 2007 up on Silverfork Creek, it was a small rainbow about 4 inches, but it was huge in my eyes at the time. Since then I have put in alot of hours and can now safely say I am addicted once again to fishing, but in a much more spiritual way. There is nothing like being up in the sierras whether it be alone or with a friend just walking around with a rod in one hand and nature in all its glory all around.

In my thanks I must mention one person in particular who has gone above and beyond the call of duty, and that would be our own Ed Wahl. Ed has taken me places I thought I would never see and he has opened my eyes to the true beauty of nature. He has taught me a lot, but better yet he has been very patient with me. On our first trip deep in the woods he never got out of my sight on the way back, even though I was stopping about every 10 or 20 steps to catch my breathe due to the fact he took me in about 5 miles and I am not in the best of shape for hiking. Yet he always waited for me and never made any comments about how slow I was going. For everything you have done and will hopefully continue to do in the future I thank you from the bottom of my heart, you have help to open a whole new world for me that I will never forget.

Not to be left out is Mr. David Lee, who has shown me how to tie, given me advise that most people would keep to themselves. Has always been willing to help me in any way I ask. Thank you very much sir, your generosity will never be forgotten.

To all the people who have fished with me and will hopefully fish with me again, thank you for the friendship and company. Eric, Shig, Charles, Bill A., and anyone else I can think of right now, thank you for being a friend.

And last but not least, Mr. Kiene himself. Hey Bill it is me, Steve:D, you are a good mentor and a good friend. I can not wait to go to La Paz with you and have a great time, thank you for this board that has brought me so many new friends and so much education, without you people would have to go to other places to come together and trade knowledge, and if we had to go other places who knows if some of us would have ever meet.

To all who have come to know me and have spoke to me either in person, via this board, or through pm's, thank you very much.

That is all I have to say for right now. Time for my senior nap time.

Ed Wahl
02-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Great 1000th post.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Charlie Gonzales
02-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Good for you Scotty, looking forward to fishing with you again.

Oh by the way, 1000 post is like a hole in one, the next round of drinks on you!

Darian
02-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Spoken like a person receiving an academy award.... :wink: :lol:

Now that you're a Senior Member, we're gonna expect more numerous contributions. :-P

Phil Synhorst
02-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Congrats Scott!!!!!!!!! Great post.

After that much typing, I'd be ready for a nap too.:lol:

fishngy
02-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Wow, I have some work to do posting or should I just go fishing...... Thanks for letting me tag along and fish with you, Scott. I am sure there will be more good times in the future. Oh, when are you going to take me smallmouth fishing??? Bill

Garrett S
02-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey thanks Scott for showing me the South Fork, hope to fish with you again sometime