PDA

View Full Version : Canon 5d

RobK.
02-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Computer problems have not been able posted for a while !

I am looking at getting a canon 5D the end of march .The 5d prices are getting within my reach now that the 5d2 is out . Does anyone one use one ?? I will keep my 20D for close ups and use the 5D with my 17-40 f4l for landscape. Been saving my pennies and i am finally getting close !! The 5D with my lens is very popular here . http://www.naturephotographers.net/imagecritique/ic.cgi?a=vg2&ns=1

Amador
02-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Hi Rob, Good to hear from you!

Comming from a 20D, you will be thrilled with the 5d. It still makes some of the best images of any camera on the market. With that being said; compared to newer models it lacks a lot of features.

Good luck!

CM

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-25-2009, 09:35 AM
I have an old 10D but would like to get a 40D so I can have a live feed to a computer while shooting product for our Online Spey Store.

I think they have deals on 40Ds now too.

Nice to hear from you Rob.

How are the boys?

RobK.
02-25-2009, 05:12 PM
The 5d had been around for a long time so am sure all the bugs have been worked out . I don't care for or need live view or video and i want a larger censor .It does not have a censor cleaner built in but that ok my 17-40 will be staying on it until i get something else .It's going to be my landscape camera . I will put my 1.8 50 mm on my 20D until get e telephoto . . Plus the price is right . I just hope i can still get a new one in a month or so .???? I have had some 20x30'' done with my 20d and the sharpness was still very good but that is a large i would go with it . So the 5d is as much camera as i will ever need and should be awesome on 20x30'' or bigger .

RobK.
02-25-2009, 05:15 PM
I have an old 10D but would like to get a 40D so I can have a live feed to a computer while shooting product for our Online Spey Store.

I think they have deals on 40Ds now too.

Nice to hear from you Rob.

How are the boys?

Online Spey Store ??

Cool, i did not know you had that. where can i find that??