PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's Fly Shop annual Expo -April 18, 2009

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Our annual shop and parking lot fair will be on Saturday, April 18, 2009 with lots of interesting people and new fly fishing products.

Many of our manufacturer's representatives will be there with much of the new for 2009 fly fishing products on display.

Cast that new rod you might be interested in?

Jay Murakoshi, Tim Rajeff and Andy Burk will be our local fly fishing treasures who will be there to spice things up.

Fly tiers will be Jay Murakoshi, Lee Haskin, Bob Scheidt, David Lee, Steve Potter, Gary McConnell, Leo Gutterres.....

It will be 9:00am till 6:00pm with free hot dogs and sodas at noon.

We will a have a raffle with lots of prizes donated by our fine manufacturers plus casting contest for men, women and children with prizes too.

All the local fly clubs will be there to help make it a fine day.

Tracy Chimenti
02-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Surprised a good Davis man would select "UC DAVIS Pic-Nic DAY" for the open house. Never the less, we'll be there, Bill

Tracy

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-10-2009, 09:15 PM
We just learned that premiere fly tyer and fly developer Lee Haskin will be tying at our Expo this year.

http://www.gurglersonline.com/

Lee has dozens of top flies he has developed like the Foxxy Gizz Minnow, Slideball, Neutralizer, Gurgler, Floating Minnow, Big Mac, Deep Cover Shrimp and Flatliner.

All these flies are available through Targus flies:

http://www.targusfly.com/

David Lee
04-10-2009, 11:51 PM
As far as I'm concerned ....

Kiene's Expo is THE social event of the year . There isn't ANY amount of $$$$ that I'd take to pass on meeting the people/BSing/being the fly on the wall during THOSE conversations !

Come in - meet your peers - get a free fly (however many I knock-out)- learn-have fun .

Oh , don't be an arse - get a nametag w/ your BB handle on it and say HI , you'll be happy that you did it .

Would I lie to you ????????????????????????????????

David

OceanSunfish
04-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Is there the possibility that Charlie B. will give his delta striper/topwater/intermediate zone presentation at the Expo?

I would be greatly appreciative myself since I was unable to make it to the event at Sugar Barge last month AND I did purchase the Rio OBS lines by the way.

Thanks.