PDA

View Full Version : New Senior Member

Phil Synhorst
02-15-2009, 03:05 PM
I see we have a new Senior Member\\:D/, I won't mention any initials(Ed Wahl). Does this mean he gets the discount at Denny's now?:twisted:

Ed Wahl
02-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Careful there sonny boy. I've got the big wheels on my walker.:D

Phil Synhorst
02-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Careful there sonny boy. I've got the big wheels on my walker.:D

Bad news for me is, even with a walker, you can still smoke me on the high country trails.#-o

Darian
02-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Damn!!!.... I didn't know anybody kept track of that stuff.... ;) ;)

Hairstacker
02-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Ed, congratulations on your newly appointed rank of senior gabber. :lol:

You have definitely helped shape the personality of this board and have contributed much to it being a fun place to hang out. I am looking forward to the next 1,000. =D>

David Lee
02-15-2009, 05:33 PM
I noticed that early this afternoon .....

I always knew Ed was as full of s%$t as the rest of us old timers . Truth be told ...... I'm still getting over that baby-back-rib line .

Congrats , Mr. Chatterbox !! In honor of your newly-found fame .... I'll go start a fight in the Steelhead forum .

NOT !

David

Ed Wahl
02-15-2009, 07:03 PM
[ I'll go start a fight in the Steelhead forum .]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks guys, I've met a lot of fine fishers on this board and have learned quite a lot from them. Bill, thanks for putting this board up to start with, it's a fine gift to all of us.

At least I crossed over on a positive note. Helping a newbie and cracking a lame joke, that's what I'm all about.

So,fellow seniors, what kind of benefits can I look forward to now?

Champagne and caviar in a special 'seniors only' lounge room at the shop?

A complementary glass of Dalwhinnie while I shop?

A lukewarm Budweiser on my own tailgate?

Tell me we at least get to have Charlie G. untangle snarls for us.

Why'd it get so quiet in here?

Hairstacker
02-15-2009, 07:40 PM
I think I hear crickets . . . . :lol:

David Lee
02-15-2009, 07:58 PM
So,fellow seniors, what kind of benefits can I look forward to now?

There are many perks .......

#1 - A lifetime supply of Rancid Bear grease . It comes in handy .....

#2 - The staff at Kienes will quit watchin' you while you shop .
After all ..... what kind of person w/ 1,000 posts would shoplift anything ?

#3 - Personal Emails from Bill K. and the rest of the 1,000-post club .... most having NOTHING to do w/ fishing .

#4 - Free tooth (teeth?) whitening . Polident if it applys .

#5 - Light without heat .

#6 - A legendary reputation . Kind of goes without saying .

#7 - An antidote for Darian's gas . You'll need it eventually ......

#8 - A free Tap's Bug from Hairstacker (probably the only perk that counts for anything ) .

#9 - A pass to get out of embarassing situations (being sloppy-drunk , wearing fleece pajama bottoms under your waders , mis-spelling in a post , not knowing how to spin Deer Hair , casting your last good fly into a tree , etc.) .

#10 - Unlimited Free Ice-cold Beer at any Kiene's fishout . Please bring along a copy of #9 above .

#11 - A framed , personally signed photo of Adam Grace for your mantle .

#12 - The divine right to be merciless w/ your fellow 1,000-post club members in public .

#13 - Joe Shirshac will learn your correct name .

#14 - We'll let you in on the famous 'Bonita Nativa' joke .

#15 - A Jury of your peers will decide your fate should you contract Rabies (shots for Rabies , leave you in the bush and take your gear , shots from a firearm , laughter , etc. ) .

#16 - A shiney coat and firm stools (unless you over-do #10 above ....) .

#17 - Secret Smallmouth stream locations !!

#18 - The ability to flycast in a God-like manner .

#19 - The divine ability to ignore arguments in the Steelhead forum .

#20 - You will learn the SECRET HANDSHAKE !!!

#21 - Lessons on how to enter your float-tube while wearing flippers on a 60-degree rip-rap slope without getting wet .

#22 - Carp will NEVER refuse your flies !!

#23 - Chicks will dig you .

#24 - A Hardy Priest (Salmon model or Trout model) .

#25 - A video of Paris Hilton using #24 above in a manner not related to standard flyfishing .

#26 - A mosquito-borne disease that you don't already have .

#27 - Free tick removal .

I'm sure there are more perks available .... these are just the ones I've had access to thus far .

Again , congrats on 1,000 posts . Have a nice day .

David

Darian
02-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Hmmmm,.... This thread seems appropriate whilst sitting here watching Blazing Saddles. :cool: To quote a famous line from the movie, "What in the wide, wide world of sports is..uh goin' on here :question: "

One thing David didn't list is the ability to forget anything you've ever heard or read on demand (sometimes involuntarily). :D :D :D

Scott V
02-16-2009, 10:09 AM
The old fart finally gets his up and comings, about damn time. Keep an eye out for Ed at his new job as a greeter at Wal-Mart.

Mik
02-16-2009, 02:11 PM
I have been dreaming of becoming a senior member. #23 is my favorite.

Charlie Gonzales
02-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Thats a lot of wisdom shared, Ed. And look at scotty getting ready to break the mark, thats a lot of posts in just a couple years.

Ed Wahl
02-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Actually I gained a lot of wisdom and friends from this board. Returning a bit here and there is the least I can do.

Scott, a handful of one word posts and you're there.

Hey Charlie, uh, I've got this tangle,........would you mind?:D

Phil Synhorst
02-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Hey Charlie, I have a simple two word response for you to that last question...."cherry preserves?":unibrow:

Darian
02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Phil,.... If this is going where I think it is, it reminds me of a line from a Ray Stevens song titled, Willard MacBain (who, "....only had just one thought on his brain"). The line, near the end of the song says something about a rubber chicken, some peach preserves and having a good ol' time.... :unibrow: :unibrow:

Phil Synhorst
02-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Darian, unfortunately I have never heard that song. But if it goes where I think it does, that's a hell of a lot funnier than my joke.:lol:

Darian
02-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Phil,.... If you enjoy some politically incorrect songs, Ray Stevens has written and sung some of the funniest, slightly off color songs I've ever heard. He was infamous in the 70's and 80's but is sort of retired now.... Here's a sampling of some of his titles:

The Streaker (during a basketball game :rolleyes: ),
The Blue Cyclone (about a night at the rasslin' matches :unibrow: ),
Summer Bible School (I had to attend a couple of those when I was around 9 years old :wink: ),
Dudley Dooright of the Highway Patrol (gotta be careful with this one.... :wink: ),

to name but a few.... Some of the titles couldn't be listed here [-( (all were funny tho :D :D ). Ray Stevens songs each had something in them to insult damn near everyone. :p :p

Phil Synhorst
02-21-2009, 09:48 AM
I've heard some of his songs over the years, he's a great satirist. I tried googling that song to no avail, I'll have to try harder, my curiousity is piqued.:smile:

Gregg
02-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Now I get it... I thought "Senior Member" referred to someone with a high post count, like a "grand pubah" of the Kiene's board. I was aspiring to be a senior member for a minute...hahaha.

Edit:

Ok wait, now I'm really confused. I just re-read the thread and maybe it is post count? Is it participation or AARP status? I never got to be a "junior member". Is there some middle ground with a cool name? Like "Senior Member in Training"? I guess this is what I get for being away from the board forever! Anyways, congrats Ed!

Ed Wahl
02-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Gregg, nice seeing you on here again.

We do have a title for you.

Senior member in his own mind.:D

We bow to your wisdom, O mindful one.

What happened to "I love scotch"?

Ed

Gregg
02-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Yo Ed. I've been MIA from pretty much everywhere for the last year. The wife and I made a baby, the store's been busy, I finally finished school...it's been the kind of year that makes me tired just reminiscing. As far as the scotch goes, I said "I love scotch" in Vegas a few months ago until 4 am one night, and with our flight out 3 hours later at 7am, it's been "I don't love scotch!" It was one of those "please Jesus, make this stop and I swear I'll never drink again. I'll do community service. Anything, please." moments. Adam and I are gonna strike out and find some water coming up here soon though. You should roll out with us... I'm down with that title too!

Ed Wahl
03-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Gregg, with the powers vested in me by virtue of yakking a lot, I bestow upon you the title of Senior Member In His Own Mind. :-\"

Remember, with great power comes great responsibility. #-o

OOOh, I feel your pain on the scotch story. When I was much younger and stupider I did the same, only with cheap scotch. J&B. Still can't take the smell of it. :wasted: :-& :puke:

Ed

David Lee
03-01-2009, 09:27 AM
I never got to be a "junior member". Is there some middle ground with a cool name? Like "Senior Member in Training"?

Gregg -

You had a hand in planning the aborted Feather River trip , therefore .... you are a senior member .

Not to mention the 'party 'till 4 , fly at 7' club (which , strangely , most of us here also belong to ....) - there's a seperate list of perks for that one ......

David