PDA

View Full Version : new member

jrib
02-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Hello fellas, I am new to this board and new to fly fishing. As a youngster I bait and lure fished the local rivers in the summers. I am looking forward to learning how to fly fish the local and non local rivers. I can cast decent but I'm not so good at presentation and at knowing what to use and when. I tried Rucky Chucky on the Amer last summer but didn't do so well. I almost caught a rafter though! I never saw rafters there in the old days. I am really interested in hiking/camping into semi remote areas where the crowds are not present. A couple of winters ago I took a survival class through the P.C. Search and Rescue. I hiked into Flordice River off Eagle Lakes Rd and Hwy 80. I spent the night (cold winter night) on the ground next to the river. It was a beautiful stretch of river that looked like it would be very promising to fly fish. Have any of you fished that area? Is it worth going back to in the spring? Also I recently bought a small pontoon boat for lakes and river drift. Haven't even used it yet.

I enjoy reading and learning from the members of this board. I am always looking for advice/tips. Any recomendations on a local guide/teacher to get me started would be appreciated.