PDA

View Full Version : Arden Sports Unlimited / Tower of Sports.....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-29-2009, 12:48 PM
If you shopped at either of these sporting goods stores in Sacramento back in the 1970s you might want to wander by the shop this afternoon.

A bunch of us guys who worked there are having a reunion tonight.

Some will be at the shop around 3-6pm.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-30-2009, 10:39 AM
We had a 30 year reunion of the guys I worked with many years ago.

Left to right: Bob Dunlap/gunsmith, Mark Cooper/firefighter, Charlie Young/gunsmith, Stan Hansen/gunsmith, me/BSer, Rusty Wagner/4x4 Pro, Art Welch/PI, Randy Orzali/school teacher.

Tom Bard/@Wild Sports and Dan Francis/@Raley's were at the dinner party at the Buggy Whip restaurant.

Missing were Lou Pia/owner SU, Harry Boley/passed away, Gary Jenayan/Master Chef, Bruce Thrasher/Stockton law enforcement, Rod Royer/MT rancher, Ralph Osborne/entrepreneur.

Langenbeck
01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Bill,

About time for a 50th reunion with the Broadway Bait crowd.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Gordon,

What high school did you go to?

I grew up in south Sacramento not far from Broadway Bait n Tackle. Many people owned that place and many worked there. Our retired Cortland Line Rep Joe Patterson worked there.

Current owner, Chris Fulster & Son, almost hired me to work there but I was already working somewhere else.

There was a little dinner next to Broadway Bait where everyone eat before hunting or fishing trips. Moma's? This was when it was at Broadway and 16th street.

I grew up in that area hunting & fishing with a group of south Sac guys. Many are still around......

Langenbeck
01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Bill: Went to Santa Maria High School & got out in 1958. Moved to Sacramento area in 1968 to work at McClellan AFB. Remember a guy from Arden Sports named Steve who wore glasses but was not mentioned in your reunion. By the way winter steelhead fishing on the Rogue is very, very slow right now. Need some warm rain to get things moving.