PDA

View Full Version : We went to Key West, Florida for a few days

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Marilyn, Joe and I drove down to Key West last week. It is a wonderful place to spend a week sight seeing and fly fishing.

Spring and fall would be the best time to go for good fly fishing.

Tons of history there. We took a little tour trolley ride through the city.

We ran into a very famous fisherman.............is that a Spey rod?

Fats
01-25-2009, 09:31 AM
I lived on Marathon for a long summer... I learned much about fishing the flats that summer along with some other key life lessons. The Keys are a fun place to visit but I could never live there again.

Have fun and wear sunscreen! How long are you going to be in Fla?

Hairstacker
01-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Bill When you go down town to Duvall St. they have bars there that are clothing optional.

Thanks Carl, now we have to deal with the mental images of Bill and Joe smelling like fish and dancing the night away naked in some bar. :lol:

Tony Buzolich
01-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey Carl,

When was the last time you were in a Key West bar where clothing was optional? The only one I know of is the Garden of Eden (doesn't sound Hawaiin) and the rest are all "guy" bars,,,,,, (you get the idea).

I doubt that Bill and Joe would patronize any of these other than maybe Sloppy Joe's or the Hog's Breath.
TONY

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-25-2009, 05:16 PM
I guess we missed all the excitement...........Key West is a special place though.

Tony Buzolich
01-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Carl,

I'm just havin' a little fun with ya.

As for the Captains License, whew! What a bunch of stuff. I've gotten through two of the four final exam tests and am now working on course plotting and navigation.

I really think this is over-kill for those of us that never plan on captaining a 100 Ton boat or venturing into major shipping lanes.

Has this rain helped the Russian come up at all?
TONY