PDA

View Full Version : Any Philanthropists?

TaylerW
01-23-2009, 12:01 AM
has been deleted

bigtj
01-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Little Striper,

There is no free lunch in life. Many of us put ourselves through school. If you want financial assistance, then shoot for scholarships. Looking for handouts from businesses won't get you too far. I think it's great you are trying different ideas. Try to keep in mind how the people who you are requesting money might feel about it, if they put themselves through school.

bonish
01-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Hmmmmmm..........there is a CMA alumnus on who participates on this board.........

Hogan Brown
01-27-2009, 07:17 AM
I agree with everyone here. No free lunches. Little Striper I can relate I put my way through college working at fly shops and guiding. While that sound glamorous believe the glamour wears off real quick of pushing oars 5 days a week and sitting in class the other two for 12 hours. Not easy but well worth it. If you are into fly fishing as it seems you are, you can look for jobs in the industry. Fly shops around you always need cheap labor. Also you might want to start looking at lodges in MT, WY, ID or AK that need summer help which may lead to a guiding position next summer. Go fix lunches, clean rooms, and schluck gear for a summer - fish on your days off - and come home with a few grand and the promise of working your way up to a guiding position where you could pocket 10-15 grand over the summer. I never went that rout as I always had enough trips to stay home over the summer but many of my buddies still now do this and make great money. Good luck