PDA

View Full Version : Rain !?!

David Lee
01-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Looks like the next week or so ?

I am not one to pray often , but we surely need some water - cross your fingers and ask the Omnipotent one for a favor .

David

Don Powell
01-22-2009, 01:12 AM
Glance upward...your prayers are being answered!
I hope for quite a while... the fish, the water table, and the ever profitable DWR need it, the latter to sell to southern CA and surrounding states...can you believe people sell something that is a natural phenomenon and falls out of the sky? I certainly do...this isn't Kansas, anymore, Dorothy...we're in California, you stupid b-tch! If you're going to reside in the "Golden State", you had better have plenty of gold!!! Many who reside here, know exactly how to obtain "gold" without really doing very much...

Fats
01-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Glance upward...your prayers are being answered!
I hope for quite a while... the fish, the water table, and the ever profitable DWR need it, the latter to sell to southern CA and surrounding states...can you believe people sell something that is a natural phenomenon and falls out of the sky? I certainly do...this isn't Kansas, anymore, Dorothy...we're in California, you stupid b-tch! If you're going to reside in the "Golden State", you had better have plenty of gold!!! Many who reside here, know exactly how to obtain "gold" without really doing very much...

Are you still talking about rain???

:-P

Don Powell
01-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Yes, in the State of California, rain = gold...
When people don't have much of either one, they really covet it!

Terry Thomas
01-22-2009, 10:07 AM
The results of little or no rain=the American River flows are now @800 cfs. Very sad!

Phil Synhorst
01-22-2009, 11:22 AM
The results of little or no rain=the American River flows are now @800 cfs. Very sad!

On that note, we probably need another year like 86(?), just to get our reservoirs to normal. :sad:

bonneville54
01-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Taken Tuesday afternoon on the way to Chico....about as low as I've seen it.

It's rained about 1.20 inches at my house so far...

Phil Synhorst
01-22-2009, 05:09 PM
I wish I had a picture to post of Shasta when I went over it last week, it's about like yours of Oroville.
The Pit arm is a narrow, shallow creek.:angry:

mikel
01-22-2009, 07:36 PM
I drove across the California Aquaduct today at Hwy 152 and it's full to the brim....guess we have plenty to send south...