PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Bass-N-Fly Delta Tourny

k.hanley
01-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Another reminder.......copied from Bill Kiene's earlier post in the warmwater forum..............

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

This coming May 15, 2009, Friday, will be the second 'Bass-N-Fly Challenge' held in the Delta.

It is a fly fishing only bass tournament open to all.

http://www.bassnfly.com/The%20Bass-n...ournament.html

Terry Jenkins and I were in it last year and it was a great event. I think out of 32 boats we came in 14th?

Big fish last year was 11 pounds.

I will be in it this coming year in my new boat, can't wait.

All you need is 2 fly anglers, a boat with an outboard motor, casting decks, a bow mounted electric motor and a aerated live well. Fishing license too.

Ours was just a big cooler with a portable 12 volt aerator pump, Delta water and some powered stuff call 'Rejuvenate'' to keep the bass healthy.

Kiene's Fly Shop
800/400-0359 shop USA toll free
916/486-9958 local shop

Thanks for participating!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

If anyone has any questions we built a FAQ Page on the www.bassnfly.com website. Of course you can always drop us a note here as well.
Cheers, Ken

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-18-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm not an expert LMB fly fisherman but I did participate in the first one last spring.

If you want to be in this next one I can answer most questions to make it less stressful.

You need one outboard skiff with a bow mounted electric motor, two fly fishers and an aerated live well (big ice chest) to keep the fish alive.

There is an entry fee but there is also some great prizes and a free lunch.

It is a very enjoyable day for all. Some people had friends and family show up for the weigh-in and free lunch.

It was very well run.......

k.hanley
01-19-2009, 11:50 AM
The "bow mounted electric motor" sure would be a nice touch Bill, but let's make sure everyone understands that it's not required. Also for clarification, you don't need a team of two people -- one person can enter as a team (though the entry fee is the same). We actually had a solo entrant compete last year.

Anyway Bill your enthsiasm is outstanding and much appreciated my friend. See you on the water!
Cheers, Ken

J.R. Hubbard
02-16-2009, 05:37 PM
I entered last year and actually came in third. It was dumb luck...but I'll take it!!

I am not a competitive gut and just wanted to have fun. It seemed that was what everyone wanted. The other fishermen were great.

I am already signed up for this year...I launch 3rd!!

k.hanley
02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Excellent to have you back JR. You gotta represent! Things are shaping up for another fun day of camraderie and action on the water. See you on the 15th.
Cheers, Ken

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-29-2009, 09:16 AM
This all fly fishing bass tournament in the delta is a fun low key event that anyone can enter.

We were in it last year and I was a little worried that it would not go well but there is nothing to it.

I really enjoyed the weigh in seeing the fish that were caught that day on flies!!!

Plus they had a free barbecue for all who showed up which is very nice too.

You can just come for the weigh-in and barbecue.

http://www.bassnfly.com/Home.html

Phil Synhorst
03-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Bill, are you going to be in it this year with the new boat?

Ed Wahl
03-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Maybe I should enter with the 'Pearl.

Someone told me a while back that you can get 2 people in an 8 ft Metalhead Pram.

'course to do that means that someone has someone else's butt in their face at all times.

Whad'ya say Charlie G? Wanna give it a go?

I'll spring for the Deviled Eggs.

Ed

Charlie Gonzales
03-30-2009, 09:24 PM
How the hell did I get thrown into this mix? Deviled eggs and an 8' pram? No thank you! But if you really want to fish the tourney we can take out the "chile verde"(my jon boat). let me know.

Ed Wahl
03-30-2009, 09:32 PM
But if you really want to fish the tourney we can take out the "chile verde"(my jon boat). let me know.

I was just yukking it up a bit, but now you've tossed it right back at me.

You, me, the chile verde, in a bass tourney?

I could so do that.

I'll call you tomorrow.

Ed

ted1
03-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Yes, you can fit two people in an 8 ft pram. And a dog that insists on going overboard if you have a big fish on. All in 20 mph winds on the far side of Silver lake just before a thunderstorm, with a dying electric motor. But with lots of fish.