PDA

View Full Version : Weather

Jay Murakoshi
01-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Has the Sacramento/Stockton area been foggy in the morning... I'm coming up early 6am Thursday morning. Here is Fresno, we've been having patchy fog

Jay

Charlie Gonzales
01-12-2009, 10:05 PM
There has been some high fog in the morning but I dont think you will have any problems on thursday, if theres any wednesday when I go duck hunting I will let you know.

Got your pm, look forward to talking with you at the show.

caltagm
01-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Isn't "high fog" just clouds?

What do I know, I'm no meteorologist.

Darian
01-13-2009, 10:15 AM
In valleys, fog comes in two forms. In general, the fog we have during winter is called "ground fog" and occurs on windless, cold days/nights where there's a source of moisture in the air. It hugs the ground; doesn't rise very high into the atmosphere. It can be patchy as air warms or breezes develop. If you drive up towards the foothills, you'll usually break out of the fog at low altitude levels....

The other type is brought into the valley on a "marine layer" or from the coast. Generally occurs in summer after a few days of hot weather. The hot air rises and is displaced by the cool air from the coast. It brings in the coastal fog with it. Cools us down. This type doesn't always touch the ground....

Ed Wahl
01-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Patches of dense fog between here(Sac) and Yuba City this morning.

I'd expect it to be similar between here and Fresno. Don't stop in it whatever you do.

Waterfowl everywhere. It seems like every year the Sprig and Swans move a little closer to the road. Right now they're only a couple of yards out into the flooded fields, hard to keep your eyes on the road.

Ed

Charlie Gonzales
01-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Sounds like you were passing by Dingville, Ed. How thick was it downtown this morning, and did you notice what time it burned off? Want to do a quick hunt in the am.

Ed Wahl
01-14-2009, 05:58 AM
Better do it early Charlie, fog's burning off almost as soon as the sun hits it.
Nothing but bluebird weather forecasted for all week.

Yeah, that was Dingville alright. Coot massacre last year when they were feeding on that big pile of rice, or hulls, or whatever it was. Greased, dead, or dying coots all over the road.

Ed

Jay Murakoshi
01-14-2009, 11:28 AM
That's good to hear that there is sunshine. I'm sure I'll hit patchy fog in the early morning but will take the time to get there.

See ya on Friday and Saturday

Jay