PDA

View Full Version : AirFares

Jay Murakoshi
01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
For those of you who are going to La Paz this year, you might want to check the Alaska/Horizon web site periodically. Airfare dropped but it's still going up and down.
I did see a post at $345.00.
I've already booked my flight so for me it's too late.

Also, they (Horizon/Alaska) now fly's into La Paz 5 days a week.

Been getting a few sign ups at the shows and a number of emails trying to figure out a time when all the buddies can make a trip. Like I mentioned, a deposit will secure your week of fishing.

I'll be at the ISE Sacramento show this week. I'm coming in on Thursday morning and paying a visit to Kiene's and maybe shoot some video on the river
I tie in the Fly Tying Video Theater on Friday and Saturday at 2:30pm. I'll be tying up a floating minnow pattern with a rattle and don't know what else. Thinking about doing a Crank Bait pattern or a Dahlberg.... For those of you who are going to the show to watch some of the tyers - if you were to sit down an hour to watch a guy tie a fly which pattern would you be interested in, a crank bait or dahlberg?

See you this weekend

Jay

Darian
01-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Jay,.... Thanks for the tip on the airfares/schedules.... :cool:

About the choice of flies to tie for the show, I'd vote for a Dahlberg. It's a fly that demonstrates tying in a bunch of differing types materials and is my favorite Bass fly for the Delta.... :nod:

Seeya at the show.... :D

Jay Murakoshi
01-12-2009, 01:39 PM
From the emails I've been receiving, looks like I'll tie the Dahlberg.... What day?????

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
01-12-2009, 09:02 PM
I will be bringing a few DVD's with me. Not in a booth, just hanging out.

Jay

Scott V
01-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Southwest has airfare for $64 to LAX each way. The sale ends this week I believe.

Question in regards to flying to LAX on Southwest. When I check in to Southwest will they forward my luggage to my Alaska/Horizon plane in Los Angeles to La Paz or will I need to get my luggage and then check it in myself.

Steve R
01-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Scott
It is my experience that you have to check luggage yourself. The price is good, but, I'm not sure you are giving yorself enough time on either end, especially returning. I've seen a lot of people trying to get home after missing a flight, remember you have to clear customs upon returning and if there are 747's coming in its gridlock. See ya in LaPaz.
Steve

Jay Murakoshi
01-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't think Southwest is a sister airline of Alaska. If that's the case, you'll have to pick up your luggage and take it to Alaska/Horizon. Don't know exactly where southwest is in relation to Alaska.
One year, I booked United Express out of Fresno. Then I found out that I have to recheck my luggage at Alaska. United was at one end and Alaska was at the other end. About a 3/4 mile walk with a body bag. Found a cart and hauled a$$. But I always allow myself at least 3 hours in layovers. I don't mind the wait, I'd rather be early than have to do the OJ jump across the seats. Plus if the flight out of La Paz is delayed and you are already cutting it close, you're screwed. That's happened.
I've only had one bad experience at customs... Had 20 minutes to get my next flight and here's the stupid people filling out the forms at the desk with the help of the agent....Why the heck do they give you this form on the plane - not to fill it out at the desk.. Oh well, that's traveling

Life's to short too worry about the small things

Jay

john
01-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Unless you're ticketted through on your first flight you'll need to get your luggage, recheck in and go through TSA again. I must think like Jay, 'cuz I've got 13 hours to catch my return flight from LAX. ouch

Scott V
01-13-2009, 01:34 PM
I am now perplexed, I do not know what to do. Do I drive down or do I fly down the night before and then fly home the following day. This means I either sleep in the airport "doesn't sound like fun to me" or get a room close to the airport. For those that have a long lay over "12+ hours" what will you do?

Started looking a little more and found a United flight that will get me into LAX at 7:30 and for the flight home the plane leaves LAX at 10:35. I think I found my solution.

Steve R
01-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Scott
I just booked on United, $203.80, 3+hrs on both ends.
Steve

Jay Murakoshi
01-14-2009, 05:38 PM
STEVE
You're not flying into La Paz but into Cabo. As far as I know right now, Alaska is the only American airline into La Paz. There are the Mexican airlines that fly from TJ to La Paz

Here's an email I just received from Alaska.......

From LAX to La Paz ( round trip ) $317.00 That's a great price considering I paid $480.00 back in November. This ticket will be good until June 24th... Which most of you will be there and back by then.

Check it out

Jay

FISHEYE
01-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Last I looked Los Anchorage through Los Angeles to La Paz and back home was almost $800. That is the price we pay for living in paradise. We are still coming!!!!

john
01-15-2009, 06:45 AM
It's -20F this morning so I'm thinking warm and way ahead. I'm ticketed on Alaskan, operated by NW and assume it'll arrive at a NW gate. Anyone know where the Alaska/Horizon gates are in relation to NW?

john
01-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Found it, Thanx Carl