PDA

View Full Version : Kindness and Honor

jlmelend
12-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Bill and fellow board members,
I wanted mention a story of a kind man who found my fishing camera on the yuba river last week and put up a TON of effort to return it to me. A few weeks ago, I fished the Yuba upstream of the 20 bridge and got skunked. Came home and realized my camera was missing. Must have dropped out of my coat pocket! I was pretty depressed because it was a special camera my family got me just for fishing and had a bunch of great fishing pix on it. Well, a kind gentleman...let's call him...I don't know..."Ote", found it and looked through the pictures. Saw I was wearing a Kiene's FF hat and somehow sent some of the pix to Bill, who recognized me and Ryan Miller in a few of the pictures. Ryan called me at home (while I was drinking my sorrows away tying beaded hiltons) and said "hey...somebody found your frickin' camera". Ryan gave me Ote's number and I called him right up. Turns out he had just messaged Bill 12 hours earlier and after exchanging info he FEDEX'd the bloody camera back to me in time for the holidays!! I offered him a monetary reward and other fishing incentives, but he humbly replied that "the pleasure of seeing the pix" of my fish was reward enough.

So I wanted to thank Bill and Ryan for helping me get my camera back. I didn't realize "the force" was in that kiene's hat. But above all, THANK YOU Mr. Ote for your kindness and honesty. In a time when our expectations of others are so low, you have shown us that we should in fact, expect more. I can't believe what you went through to get me my camera back! Ote, you can fish with me anytime. I'm posting one of my fishing pix, with my Kiene's hat on, in your honor.

SHigSpeed
12-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks for sharing that amazing story!!

There are good people still out there...

_SHig

lee s.
12-26-2008, 09:04 PM
YES!!! Great story. And Amen to "still good peope out there".

mems
12-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Aloha Joe, great story. See Espisito isn't the only one to make nice saves. Hope you are having a great holiday. It is raining buckets over here the past two days. Send Ote some of your great surgeon's instruments. Take care, Mems.

jlmelend
12-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Right on Mems! Have a great new year fellas!

Adam Grace
12-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Wow, that's awesome! It makes me happy to hear that there are still some great people like that out there in this crazy world.

Congrats on getting your camera back!

Randy B
12-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Beautiful picture, story, and person (Mr Ote).