PDA

View Full Version : ISE San Mateo - Jan 8-11, 2009

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-24-2008, 01:09 AM
ISE San Mateo Introduces Discover Fly Fishing Center,
Sponsored by the American Fly Fishing Trade Association

Fly-fishing has had a long tradition at ISE San Mateo. The fly-fishing and boats categories were the first and largest offerings more than 30 years ago. Times, the industry, market and the show have all changed.

Now, in a coordinated effort of the industry and ISE, San Mateo offers several special features that have these primary goals:

1. Bring more factory displays and products for sale than in many years.
2. Provide several special features at which newcomers and beginners—of any age--can try out and learn about the sport in a friendly, fun setting from folks who are practiced and patient teachers.
3. Offer long-timers their own special space to gather and share their passion for fly fishing.

To accomplish these goals, Fiesta Hall features:

• More factories
• More products for sale
• Dedicated casting pond for product try-outs only
• Discover Fly Fishing booth. Led by expert instructor David Phares, this booth is the first step for anybody interested in the sport. Stop by to just chat, or for casting lessons, free giveaways, and the chance to win a fishing trip to Mexico, provided by Frontiers International
• Umpqua Fly Fishing Learning Center presents several stations and activities, including: insect identification, knot tying, fly tying, and casting. The area is hosted by the Northern California Council Federation of Fly Fishers
• Daily free Spey-casting lessons by pro instructor Jeff Putnam
• Largest-ever lineup of new seminar topics and presenters
• Special guest Tom Rosenbauer has written several Orvis fly-fishing guides and is one of world’s most knowledgeable people about the sport. What better first (or 5000th) step than to benefit from a lifetime of experience
• Leland Fly Fishing Outfitters’ Author's Book-Signing booth
• New “Skins Game” accuracy-casting contest
• “Drift” movie premiere on Friday night, presented by Cal Trout

IF YOU GO:

When: January 8-11, 2009
Where: San Mateo County Event Center
Hours: 11a-7p Thurs & Fri; 10a-7p Sat; 10a-5p Sun
Tickets, Exhibitor List, Seminar Schedules, More info: www.SportsExpos.com

wjorg
12-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up Bill. Let just pray for blow out rivers this year so I can go to more than an hour on thursdays day before I get outta dodge for the weekend fishing.............

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-29-2008, 10:30 PM
This should be a very good show this year. They are really working on getting the best fly fishing people there this year.

Scott V
12-30-2008, 08:28 AM
I'll be going to this show since I will be down in SoCal during the Sacramento show. It is a long drive but I think it will be worth it, they are really making this a big show if they get and do everything they say they are.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-06-2009, 10:39 PM
This should be the best ISE show series in a long time.......