PDA

View Full Version : Calling Ken Hanley -

David Lee
12-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Ken -

I'm tying at ISE Sac for 4 days this January .

Do you mind if I do my version of your Gold Buccaneer for a few sessions ? I figured you'd be there , doing something .... and I don't want to step on your feet , so to speak .

PM me if you'd rather I didn't , and I'll pull the thread .

Thanks !!

David

k.hanley
12-22-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm honored you think enough of the pattern to do this David. Go for it!
Cheers, Ken
PS: Here's the rabbit collar version...... http://www.danica.com/flytier/khanley/gold_buccaneer.htm

David Lee
12-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks , Ken !!!

Email ? sculpin65@sbcglobal.net

My GB is pretty much the standard one .... I use Gold Holo-Flashabou , instead of plain ol' Gold , and I'm doing it on the EC-413 in size 1 .

BTW - you can add Leopard Grouper , and Flag Cabrilla to the species caught on the GB (stupid Cortez Halibut took a few slaps at it , but I couldn't connect ! GRRRRRRRR ..... !!) .

Thanks again !!

David

David Lee
12-22-2008, 12:31 PM
OOoooooooo !!! I like the Rabbit one a LOT !!!

Mucho-Shrimpy/Crabby/crawly , I'll have to have a whack at a few of those .......

The GB , along w/ the GOTCHA , are the finest crossover flies out there , IMO . Depending on the retrieve ..... it'll pass for just about ANYTHING .

David

john
12-23-2008, 06:43 AM
No kidding-that's one of the best flies I've seen this year. On that 8089 it just has to be a great SMB fly.

David Lee
12-23-2008, 08:27 AM
No kidding-that's one of the best flies I've seen this year. On that 8089 it just has to be a great SMB fly.

John -

Agree 100% .

I'm going to goof a few in not only the Tan version .... but a few in dark Rust/Red , and Tan/pale Orange .

David

john
12-23-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm thinking yellow bucktail.