PDA

View Full Version : We carry the new Monic GSP floating running lines.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-13-2008, 09:18 AM
They come in 100' lengths in .024" (orange) and .030" (yellow) with a 72# non-stretch core.

We like the .024" for small line size spey rods and small line size switch rods because you get a little more distance.

Most would be better off with the .030" for easier handling though and on bigger line (#7 and up) two handed rods.

They are a favorite of many Skagit and Scandi casters.

They have welded loops and are $44.95 usd.

**Originally 'commando' two handed guide Mike McCune turned us on to them.

Don Powell
12-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Great lines, Bill, especially for winter work. The diameter makes them easier to hold with cold hands.
The Monic running lines have a low/no stretch gel spun polyethylene (GSP) core with 72# test strength...requires little if no hookset on the part of the angler. If you feel something the fish is "on"! If you perform a Goliath hookset, you'll probably rip the fish's mouth off.
I still prefer Rio Slick Shooter for summer work when it's warm enough that I can grip the thin diameter line more easily.

Don

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks Don..................I fixed the error.

Jason Hartwick is a big fan of them as well.

Jasonh
12-14-2008, 11:03 AM
These are some of the best running lines on the market for two handed casting. I really like the .024 because it is shoots just a little better than the .030. For most the .030 might be a little better since it is easier to manage in colder weather, i.e. the diameter. These lines have 72 lb breaking strength and very little if any tangle.