PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Bass-N-Fly Challenge in Delta

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
This coming May 15, 2009, Friday, will be the second 'Bass-N-Fly Challenge' held in the Delta.

It is a fly fishing only bass tournament open to all.

http://www.bassnfly.com/The%20Bass-n-Fly%20Challenge%20tournament.html

Terry Jenkins and I were in it last year and it was a great event. I think out of 32 boats we came in 14th?

Big fish last year was 11 pounds.

I will be in it this coming year in my new boat, can't wait.

All you need is 2 fly anglers, a boat with an outboard motor, casting decks, a bow mounted electric motor and a aerated live well. Fishing license too.

Ours was just a big cooler with a portable 12 volt aerator pump, Delta water and some powered stuff call 'Rejuvenate'' to keep the bass healthy.

TaylerW
12-07-2008, 08:24 PM
you cant use an inboard? we have a 19ft lund inboard and want to give the tourney a shot....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Inboard is fine...........I just meant you need some power to get around.

Mrs.Finsallaround
12-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Link to the entry form...

http://www.bassnfly.com/Entry%20form.html

Jay
12-08-2008, 07:51 PM
This coming May 15, 2009, Friday, will be the second 'Bass-N-Fly Challenge' held in the Delta.

It is a fly fishing only bass tournament open to all.

http://www.bassnfly.com/The%20Bass-n-Fly%20Challenge%20tournament.html

Terry Jenkins and I were in it last year and it was a great event. I think out of 32 boats we came in 14th?

Big fish last year was 11 pounds.

I will be in it this coming year in my new boat, can't wait.

All you need is 2 fly anglers, a boat with an outboard motor, casting decks, a bow mounted electric motor and a aerated live well. Fishing license too.

Ours was just a big cooler with a portable 12 volt aerator pump, Delta water and some powered stuff call 'Rejuvenate'' to keep the bass healthy.
Bill, for what its worth, let me suggest the livewell additive "Please Release Me" for you guys fishing this event. This has become the accepted additive for most of the big bass guys I know, and many tournament guys as well. It's formulation calms fish, stops bleeding, neutralizes ammonia, and helps guard against infection.

Rejuvenade is formulated to keep fish "lively". It does this with the garlic in the product. It irritates the fishes gills and makes them freak out. Nothing in it is made for the well being of the fish, it just makes them spaz so that they look healthy.

Please Release Me, has sedatives which get the fish a little stoned, lol. But when you think about it, thats better, they dont hurt themselves flipping out, they dont consume as much oxygen/contribute as much CO2. It doesnt cause the fish to lose weight through regurgitation, crap, and fluid loss. Regurgitation and excremement send the ammonia levels through the roof , which any aquarium hobbyist knows is the number 1 killer of fish in small volumes of water.

NOT AFFILIATED WITH THEM IN ANYWAY. I just believe in this product 100%.

I know alot of the wild trout purists will guffaw over my babying the "green carp", but any game fish, especially larger specimens, deserve to be treated as well as we can if we intend to release them.

If I can piece together a bass combo and find a partner, I am IN!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-08-2008, 10:33 PM
That's great info Jay.

Thanks for the heads up.

This is very important info to everyone as we are especially interested in getting those fish back alive and healthy.

Where can you buy "Please Release Me"?

"Rejuvenate" made the fish wild.............

Jay
12-09-2008, 06:18 PM
This is the list of California distributors off of their website www.sure-life.com

Bass Menu Pro Tackle Dist. Shastalake, CA (530) 275-5240
Shadow Lake Ranch Redding, CA (530) 549-3688
Sierra Bait Co. Wilton, CA (916) 687-6817
Smalley's Wholesale Bait Sonoma, CA (707) 938-4903
Tackle Technology Manteca, CA (209)239-8838

But I know that is not all of them. It is available on www.tacklewarehouse.com.

Thats a great date for the delta. Hopefully have a bass rod by then, sure would be fun!

Darrin.Deel
05-01-2009, 09:49 AM
I just got an e-mail form jamie lyle reminding me about this... who here on the board is competing?