PDA

View Full Version : ACR 1107-4 Switch

matt johnson
12-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I own one of these. This is my first switch rod. I like it alot! I am using the Elixr 6/7 switch line. I whacked some of the tip off the line out of the box and have been throwing weighted leeches with 10' of T-14 quite handily. I put an indicator rig on for a while with the full 6/7 Elixr. That was a wicked combo! Good thing for the fish that I don't like to fish indicators much....

I matched the rod with a sweet old Hardy Zenith. Gary finishes his rods beautifully. I like to look at this setup resting on the rocks or leaning against a tree!

It is probably hard to go wrong with any of the switch rods on the market these days. However, it is really cool to own a rod designed and built by a real steelheader who lives on a good river in Oregon!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee281/ozziebooboo/afish1.jpg

Matt

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Unreal Matt...................where?

jbird
12-06-2008, 12:21 AM
What a lovely photo Matt. I bet Gary would like to have that on the wall in his shop.

Jay

Jasonh
12-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Great photo Matt! Thanks for sharing.

Don Powell
12-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Right On, Matt!!!

These damn switch rods really do serve to fill a "niche" and are just plain rockin' fun to fish!

Gary builds with the best of them...he, Meiser and Burkheimer are putting a dent in my wallet but that remains a very "high class" problem!

Don