PDA

View Full Version : Folsom ramp closed

luckyt
12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Just came in from fishing Folsom. When we launched around 0900 at the Granite Bay ramp you could see the end of the ramp down about 3 feet in the water. When we pulled out around 1500 the top of the ramp had a big sign saying RAMP CLOSED. This means there is no ramp open or available on Folsom. Now it's back to around 1983 when we had to launch off the rocks/dirt and hope not to get stuck The lake elevation at noon today was 369.19 feet.

Ed Wahl
12-01-2008, 06:02 PM
How was the fishing? Ed

Tracy Chimenti
12-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Like many of you, I'm sure, I spent so much of my early life out there on that lake. I feel like one of the old-timers now. We waded grass beds all summer and just pounded the fish. The ecology has changed so much and go figure.

This is a good time to wind surf... if we'd just get some damn wind!

Scott V
12-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Browns Ravine is open according to a report on Sac Bee today.

SHigSpeed
12-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Like many of you, I'm sure, I spent so much of my early life out there on that lake. I feel like one of the old-timers now. We waded grass beds all summer and just pounded the fish. The ecology has changed so much and go figure.

This is a good time to wind surf... if we'd just get some damn wind!

Does the lake speed limit count for "alternatively powered" vehicles?

_SHig

Tracy Chimenti
12-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah Shig, you need to keep it uner 35 MPH in that float tube! (I believe it's under 5 MPH all over the lake).

I went out to Rattlesnake the other day, since I live up this way and man, that's low. I believe I was looking at the old toll house and definitely the old granite bridge abutments from Rattlesnake Rd. on the river's (old lake's) edge. The toll house looked like it was made out of cinder block with gabeles roof, and was on the south bank, across from the red clay/cobble areas.

Tracy