PDA

View Full Version : Where can I fish?

FishPimp
11-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi, I live in Yuba City, and am new to the area. I have been so upset with not being able to find anywhere to fish locally. Anyone out there have any ideas? I know Yuba River, but what about some trout lakes close by... that are productive! If anyone would like to fish with me that would be even greater!

Thanks in advance.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Collins Lake or Merle Collins Reservoir is just east on Hwy 20 out of Marysville about 15 minutes then turn left on Marysville Blvd before you cross the Yuba River.

It has schools of small Thread-Fin Shad on the surface in the fall/winter being eaten by trout and bass.

FishPimp
11-30-2008, 06:56 PM
I have fished there before, but have never caught anything besides bass. Any tips?

Tony Buzolich
11-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi Pimp, (sure would be nice to call you by your real name)

I live in Yuba City as well and with a little exploring the possibilities are endless.

Besides those that Bill named you've got all kinds of small dredger ponds that are full of bass and bluegill, you're got Engelbright that hold lots of nice trout and almost never muds up, the Bear River just south of Wheatland holds lots of smallmouth as well as half-pounders when in season, and you could spend a lifetime exploring the lower Yuba itself. Add the Feather on, and the lowflow, and your choices of fish are almost endless.

You didn't mention if you had a boat or not but you still have plenty of choices even without a boat.

Give me a call some time and we can chat about some more possibilities,
TONY

FishPimp
12-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks, I have always been curious about engelbright. Do you need a boat to fish it, or is it fishable by shore?

-Joel