PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Added Flights to La Paz

Jay Murakoshi
11-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Just posted:

Alaska Airlines has added flights to La Paz effective immediately. They originally flew Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Now they are flying Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. This addition will be great for those wanting to schedule a fishing trip to La Paz.

I just had a cancellation in the May 23 - 30, 2009 week. This is marked as the Kiene Week
If you have anyone who wants to join the group, have them get a hold of me as soon as possible.
I also have other openings starting on May 2 - 9, 2009. If you are interested in trying out some salt water fishing or want to return for some bad attitude fish, don't delay things will start filling up.
The hotel rooms are starting to fill ( 4 other outfitters using the same hotel ) and the best captains are getting booked. Don't get left home, book your Baja 2009 - today

Jay - www.fliesunlimited.com

Tony Buzolich
11-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi Jay,

As you know I am taking twelve guys down on July 6, 2009 on your same package. This happens to be a Monday and almost all of my guys have already booked with Horizon.

Do you think Alaska will takeover the Horizon flight or simply fly two planes down at the same time? Alaska and Horizon both under one cooperate tie it must seem that La Paz is getting a lot more popular lately.
TONY

Darian
11-25-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm a bit confused by this as well. Does it mean that Alaska has changed it's mind about flying in to La Paz :?: :confused: If so, it would seem that they are competing with each other. Unusual for business partners.... :-s

Jay Murakoshi
11-25-2008, 11:27 PM
I think it's going to be Horizon and not Alaska. Last year when i talked to the office in Washington, I was told it not profitable to fly the big jet because the flights were not full.
I wish it was the big Alaska plane because they got rid on the MD-80's and have a newer jet.

I will try to get a clarification from Alaska/Horizon. Like Darian mentioned, there both the same company

Another happening in La Paz.... The Los Arcos employees have been on strike since late October and have yet to return to work. I'm sure this will be resolved before we arrive but a couple years ago there was a workout by the employees and all the guests were kicked out of the hotel and relocated to the La Concha and a few other hotels in the area. La Concha seems pretty safe, but you never know - it's Mexico and anything can happen

Happy Thanksgiving

Jay

Darian
11-29-2008, 07:21 PM
I wonder of the potential use of smaller aircraft will mean a charge for or limitation on the number of carry on luggage.... :question: :question: